Old 03-18-2012   #1
Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
Boundry Creek Campground

So, is now accepting reservations online for the MFS launch ramp campground. Understanding this opportunity to camp is open to everyone as well as boaters, does anyone have a grasp on how this online reservation system will affect campsite availability in the future?

Our experience in the past was just show up, pay the fee in the drop box and launch the next day. I am wondering if the reservation system will make campground use more competitive. The reservation system also has campsites listed for 5 people and 10 people capacity so boaters may have to reserve more than one space? Also, to reserve a space and pay online you are nailed with an additional $9 surcharge on top of the $10 per night fee. Someone is getting rich at the public's expense it would seem.

fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #2
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
This is called free enterprise. Isnt it great? The government sucks and is incapable of doing anything so lets privatize it so that the privately run company can charge the same price (as the inept feds) and charge an additional fee on top of it!!!

Get used to it its been happening in Iraq for nine years

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #3
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
From what I can see on the website, there are 15 campsites total, and 5 of them are reservable. The other 10 are first come first served sites. I guess it's up to you whether you want to pay extra for a sure thing, or just show up and see what happens like you normally would have done. Date & day of the week that you launch would factor in to the equation, as well as how early in the day your group will arrive.
Guess I better see if the same thing is happening to the Corn Creek campground.
Progress????? For better or does march on.

cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #4
West By God, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1999
Pretty sure its open camping around there, so if by some chance the campground was full, you could just go a little further from the river and camp wherever you want.
Paddle Iraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #5
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
We've always camped at the velvet sites, are those included with the fifteen total Cataraftgirl? Seems like there are more between the two areas....
wildh2onriver is online now   Reply With Quote