Old 05-25-2010   #1
Kingston, WA
Paddling Since: 2000
Boulder Res?

I went to Boulder reservoir the other day with my girlfriend and found that you have to have a $30 permit on top of the $6 day fee. So, can anyone validate that if you go to the other side, where the dog park is to "launch" (as the guy at the gate referred to it) noone will hassle or ticket you?

Also, are there any other reservoirs in Boulder that you can paddle on without the ridiculous fees?

AdamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #2
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Union reservoir in Longmont is cheap and without permit last year. I would imagine that you'll get busted on the other side of the Boulder res eventually, they have been cracking down the last couple of years on about everything.

Gotta love Boulder and its taxes.

tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Res is lame

Hahaha. I tried to take a kayak in there last Sat. and the guy said it would not pass inspection because it was too dirty !#@$!@#$. I'm sure my boat was going to cause a lot more damage than the big ski boat in line behind me.

There is an access point on the other side of the lake. I've seen police there writing tickets for open container violations, not sure what the policy is for taking a kayak over there. A lot of people take there dogs over there...
STLAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #4
Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Lagerman Reservoir is an option but it's not very big. They have a boat ramp and no fees.

Public Parks - Lagerman Reservoir
Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #5
Grand Junction, Colorado
Well Educated Morons

Boulder never ceases to amaze me. It is one of the most educated places in America, yet you would think that the people who enact Boulder city ordinances are mentally incompetent. What a bunch of morons!!
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #6
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
A couple of friends and myself use to launch on the “other side” of Boulder Reservoir until last summer we were promptly stopped by two officers patrolling the shore on ATVs and given verbal warnings. After discussing the situation with them it appeared that they were there to crack down on people entering the water from that side of the lake. They told us that after that month (I think it was June?) they would be issuing tickets without verbal warnings. As stated above this really made me question the policies and mindset held by people who are supposed to be our representatives to say the least.

TylerY is offline   Reply With Quote