Old 02-22-2005   #1
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Boulder Creek Whitewater Park

Looks like city of Boulder is laying a pipe in the middle and bottom of the creek through the whitewater park. There is a big excavator in the creek bed. It would be nice if they would modernize a few of the features and add some new boulders in there, while they are at it.

Anyone know what up? Any chance for some changes?

Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #2
Boulder, Colorado
I went down last Thursday to see what was up. Back hoe in the middle of the creek course, moving boulders, big plastic pipe to divert water around the drop they were working on....

I called the project manager for the Eben Fine Park renovation project and he said it was the city utility department. I've sent them an email, but haven't heard back.

It looks like mostly what they are doing is bolstering the sides of the drops and regrouting the sides to prevent erosion of the streambanks. They haven't actually modified the pourovers or the pools themselves [too bad, IMHO], tho' they are filling in to the sides both above and below by moving rocks from downstream.

I'll post if I ever hear more from the city.

yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #3
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Boulder Creek changes

Drop 1 and 2 will be re-worked because of the utility work being done. Widow maker will be re-done as well- hopefully starting next week. A few other rock adjustments will be made behind the library as well. We might have a few new little piles to play in!

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, boulder, boulder creek