Books for freestyle and ww kayakers? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-02-2017   #1

MOSCOW, Moscow
Books for freestyle and ww kayakers?

Hi all, do you know any fresh books for frestyle and ww kayakers? I know some old books for beginners but will be really interesting to know detailed description of new tricks for advanced kayakers....

Linux5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2017   #2

OTR, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
This is an old book so you may already have it but in case not, I recommend Squirt Boating and Beyond by Snyder. It explains and illustrates everything you need to know to "rip in anything that squirts"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
SKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #3

SW, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Linux - have you had lessons / coaching from someone who s qualified? And I don't mean a friend who everyone thinks rips - but an IT, ITE, national team coach, senior national team member, etc.

I find that those who have difficulty transitioning to more advanced moves have not mastered the basics. In the two sports that I teach (paddling and alpine skiing) it all boils down to executing a very few basic things properly, to the point of obsessiveness. Those who appear to move effortlessly like silk in the wind have just really, really dialed the basics so that doing essential drills are like breathing in their sleep.

Enjoy the journey.
Durangatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2017   #4

MOSCOW, Moscow
Durangatan, yes i had lessons from my coach.. in general i agree with you , yes you should have strong basics skills but my question was about fresh books.. sometimes you need to read the same information to understand what was wrong or got new point of view... Book is also a good tool to revise your skills and workouts ... you can also discuss new point of view with your coach
Linux5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017   #5

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ken Whiting book

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/pla...clickid=3x1948

Awesome book that I still revisit after having it for almost 10 years. Break down each move in individual steps.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote