Old 04-01-2005   #1
Bomber gear Spray skirts??

I am looking for a new spray skirt, as mine tends to leak. Anybody have any pro/cons on the bomber gear skirts?? I want a tight skirt that does not leak??

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #2
I have both models of bomber skirts. For tight I would reccomend the KBomb. The bomb shelter I have is part of the uni bomb drytop/ skirt and because it is not kevlar it is a little too easy on/off and has peeled when getting trundelled, although only once and I have tested it on more than one occasion. They K bomb I can't say anything bad about. Plus Bomber is a cool local Biz.

PARKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #3
If its for your playboat checkout the Mountain Surf with the red release handle\strap. It may be too tight for your creek boat.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #4
Go with the Bomber Gear. My K-Bomb is real dry on my creak boat. Buy Local, Plus they're good guys.
Old 04-02-2005   #5
I have a k-bomb for sale.
Keyhole cockpit, large tunnel
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005   #6
Snowmass, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
When river running my K-bomb keeps me super dry. However, when playing water tends to leak in right at the handle if I dip my bow into the oncoming current. Overall though, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)
earthNRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #7
Who makes the better skirt, Bomber Gear or Mountain Surf?
Big Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #8
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I would have to say mountain surf. In my experience bomber gear makes a really shoty product. After only a few uses i have seen bomber gear products almost disintegrate. Again this is only what i have seen. I have no outsided biases. Personally i like wildwasser, and snapdragon. But to answer your question i would have to say Mountain surf all the way.
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #9
I have a snap dragon, and it is tuff as hell. It fits tight around my chest, but when I lay on the back deck, it opens up at the front. Maybe I just need a medium instead of a large. I think I am going to go with the bomber gear, I am an-ex durango guy, so you gotta give the local company a go.
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #10
bomber gear vs. mountainsurf

Originally Posted by shaggstyle
Buy Local
buy local?- sure the company is based in colorado- but their gear is made in China. and they will replace it everytime it blows out- every few weeks or so-

If you want a no hassle skirt actually made on this continent, by people who care about quality, and not the cheapest manufacturing, get yourself a mountainsurf bombproof dur-o-ring---- they have an extensive fit list on their website-

whats worth more to you when you are getting surfed in a creek in the middle of nowhere- the 30 bucks you saved and the free replacement you can get on the bomber gear- or the peace of mind knowing that your skirt is still going to be in one piece (and stay on your boat) when the day is done?

freddy is offline   Reply With Quote

bomber gear