Old 04-06-2005   #11
Re: bomber gear vs. mountainsurf

Originally Posted by freddy
Originally Posted by shaggstyle
Buy Local
buy local?- sure the company is based in colorado- but their gear is made in China. and they will replace it everytime it blows out- every few weeks or so-

whats worth more to you when you are getting surfed in a creek in the middle of nowhere- the 30 bucks you saved and the free replacement you can get on the bomber gear- or the peace of mind knowing that your skirt is still going to be in one piece (and stay on your boat) when the day is done?
WTF I have been using bomber gear skirts and drytops for 4 years now. I have NEVER had there stuff self-destruct, and I'm VERY tough on my gear and toys, I have never had to take anything back. I use my stuff 5-7 days a week for about 7 months out of the year( would be more if we had a damn low water playhole here). I gotten chundered in holes and nothing happened to my stuff. You make it sound like it will shred into pieces a month after you buy it and that's simply BS. I have been very satisfied with the quality of my Bomber Gear stuff.

As for Bomber Gear being made in China HGAF, they still are local. They put food on the table for several Durangoans. I see these guys on the river and they are all pretty good guys. I don't mind one bit giving them my business. I can't say for sure, but I doubt Bomber Gear is the only paddling oriented company doing their manufacturing off shore. The R@D is still done right here in Durango.

So what'a you say about that ol' freddy boy, have you ever used Bomber gear stuff or are you just talking out your arse. There was no " my old bomber gear skirt sucked it blew out like 2 weeks after I got it." If it did(which I doubt it did or would) you would have dealt with a painless return.

Anyway I done for now. The "which is better" ? always seems to turn into a pissing match anyhow.
Old 04-07-2005   #12
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I have to back Chris up on this. I use a bomber gear skirt I bought from them for $30 and it rules. Those guys are good people and make good stuff. They once traded me a dry bag for a Tecate on the river.

Check the site below

Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote

bomber gear