Old 02-20-2008   #1
Bomber Gear is Back!

Check it out:

Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #2
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Hell Ya!!
I'm still sporting a circa 2001ish BG drytop. I've put 30-50 days a season on 'er, and still stay relatively dry during a day of paddling.
I even tore the sleeve open while counting fishies, called BG with that explaination, and they said to ship it to them, they would take care of the rest!! It was back home within several weeks and better than ever. Can't beat that. I think its about time for a new top, I really need a new color.

Best of luck Rick and Eric, you'll be getting my order this spring...

What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of a free, meandering brook. HENRY DAVID THOREAU, Journal
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #3
Durango, Colorado
Posts: 390 I can spend my money on outsourced crap that leaks worse than anything else on the market.... again!

They'd better think up some killer products if they want to have even the slightest chance of making it, especially with the reputation they've accrued for themselves.

Ain't just NRS and Kok to compete with these days.
storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #4
No seas pendejo
Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
Bummer Gear

We always called it Bummer Gear

I must say they had a rad customer service ethic. Plus Ed at the warehouse (in durango) always treated us well. Good luck guys...
salvation is in the mind, be mindful at all times
J. Kerouac
Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
bomber gear was the shit that was a fact. good luck with the bus i had one top that lasted 2 seasons with almost 200 wears each season, shot gaskets were the only problem but this happens with this much wear.

i liked how they sit high on your abs, so your shit doesn't get to bunched up when you are playboating.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #6
NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Good skirts

I've always had good luck with their sprayskirts, still using a K-Bomb on my SuperFun with no problems.

The idea of selling direct to the public may keep prices down, but we'll have to wait to see as the website is the same it was 3+ years ago. It will be interesting to see what products are updated, changed, new, etc.
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #7
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1991
The designer has breathed new life into it, give em a chance. Rick is one of the nicest dudes around and knows how to put together a sweet design. He went over to the factories across the pond and got it set up well.

As for the comment " I can spend my money on outsourced crap that leaks worse than anything else on the market.... again!"
- Get a clue buddy. Not many companies produce everything over here and I know of a ton that have had their fair share of problems with production over the years. Do you remember Patagonia having an entire drytop run mad of material on their lateral cuts that was not waterproof? I know that IR, NRS, Astral, and plenty others have almost everything made over in Asia with some final assembly taking place in the states. It is what companies have to do to be competitive these days for the most part.

Let the new product speak for itself. Bomber is running an ebay store that has almost perfect feedback. You don't do that with shitty customer service do you?

I have heard there are some interesting new concepts for their new drytops and spraydecks. It has been a while since I saw some really new ideas in the design, my package for testing is in the mail so I will let ya'll know if it is the Bomb or the opposite but I think Rick deserves a 2nd chance. Now that the face man Rob has destroyed bomber gear's name in the past, let's see how Rick can produce in the future.

my 2 cents
HINDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #8
Durango, Colorado
Never said anything bad about the customer service. And sure other companies have had their share of bad products and still do, but I've never seen a companies overall product quality (not just one or two models) go downhill so fast as it did with Bomber Gear's last 2 years in business...which coincided with their moving their production overseas. Yes, I know that almost everything is made across the globe these days, but that still doesn't mean you can't have decent quality control.

If they come back and start making quality products like they used to when they started out, then great...good on them. I'm just saying I'll be spending my money elsewhere until they a.) have something better than Kokatat/SnapDragon/etc. and more importantly b.) are making shit that doesn't leak like a sieve after a month.

storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote

bomber gear