Old 11-12-2007   #11
Lyons, Colorado
go to argentin

I'm with matias. Definitely fly into argentina. Chile is cool, but argentina is where it's at. It's quite a trek to do both Mendoza and Futa, but if you can get to Mendoza, it's a great place to hang out and enjoy life....and patigonia is sick. I wasn't charged the arrival tax since I crossed into chile by car. expediciones chile ( treated me right.

iYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #12
yeah i am with you on that one. ben and adam are great people and great boaters. All together most everyone down there is awesome and will take you boating.

kayakgawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #13
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by iYak View Post
I'm with matias. Definitely fly into argentina. Chile is cool, but argentina is where it's at. ...crossed into chile by car. expediciones chile ( treated me right.
iYak, I hope you see this thread. I'm planning on going to Chile this February with a friend. I saw your post about crossing into Chile from Argentina by car. Did you rent a car? We are planning to spend a week kayaking with expediciones chile ( and a week hiking and exploring.

Just trying to figure out some logistics and would like to see if I can learn from your use of the car from Argentina to kayak with Expediciones Chile.

SueCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #14
Posts: 47 Sven and Sarah Rane) have an incredible camp in the Futaluefu valley,, located on the Azul river. We just stayed with them for ten days and received incredible hospitality, equipment, guiding and food. They are still working on their website,,, though the camp and services are running 100%.. their contact is
Now we are in Pucon and getting the guided tour of the creeks from Kayak Pucon. Rodrigo Trushner the owner, has found some incredible runs in the past few years ,,since I was here last... and has been more than happy to show them to a couple of gringos
Just my two cents.. always nice to be treated so good,, these folks run professional operations

crowdaroundum is offline   Reply With Quote