Old 04-30-2005   #21
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Before taking any vigalante action, think about a couple of things:

1) We don't know who "Detective" is, other than an anonymous poster on the 'Buzz, or whether his motives are sincere

2) We don't know how current the address info in a DMV database is or if the guy that ripped off has moved a few times since he got his tags, and

3) We don't know if the guy that ripped off the boat owned the vehicle that was traced - its possible that the thief borrowed a buddy's vehicle to go sell the boat.

Right now the lawmen should have enough to go on to bust the guy. Leave it to the pros, if the person listed above is indeed the thief, it'll al be public record eventually.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #22
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

I wouldn't be too worried, no one needs to do anything to this guy. He'll get his soon enough. I talked to the case detective yesterday. They caught up with our wrangler buddy and he's giving his statement mid week. It's hard to prove he's the one who lifted the kayak. But, he his busted for receiving stolen property and trying to sell stolen property.

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #23
Thanks Don & the Confluence Crew

Nice work and follow through on this one Don. Glad to hear that he was tracked down and won't be pulling any more of this kind of thing if he knows what's good for him.

ALPENGLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #24
PACNW Native
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
I know everyone else has said it.. but thanks for the headsup Don. It suck that there are assholes like that in our community. Sadly, I am going to have to be extra careful and change some of my usual habits. I am a chronic cartop kayaker. Just seeing the kayak up there makes it feel like I am ALWAYS about to go kayaking.
Hic Sant Dracones
mtthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #25
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
That's good to hear they caught up to the thief!

I had skis stolen from the roof of my truck after coming back from snowmaking at Keystone back in 91. I was in school at DU and was snowmaking during winter break and came home about 2am. Woke up at 6am to see my skis gone and my rack busted. Man was I bummed......

Now I am glad that my kayaks fit inside my vehicles, making them a lot tougher to steal. That and my Aussie guards pretty well.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #26
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Um... isn't this post 2 years old?
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #27
PACNW Native
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Originally Posted by paddlebizzle View Post
Um... isn't this post 2 years old?
ahhahahahahahah ok.. i guess your right, for some reason it popped up on my 'active threads' list... so i thought it was new.. better read the date posted next time. hahahahah good catch.
Hic Sant Dracones
mtthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #28
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
river JU-ju

^5`s Don! great job! He will get his you said, and if he is a kayaker , may the river powers take their toll from him, their fee isn`t cheap! as most of us can attest!
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #29
No seas pendejo
Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B
I have a police buddy who could run the plates if anyone wants to know where he lives?
salvation is in the mind, be mindful at all times
J. Kerouac
Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #30
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Ok, I wasn't going to say anything but take a look at the dates on this thread. It is almost 3 years old!

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote