Old 12-23-2006   #1

Listen Up!!!! As a result of the recent little snow storm here in the Front Range of Colorado, our states blood supply is WAY, WAY down.,00.html

I would like to personally encourage any and all of you to take the 15-20 minutes to go donate a pint. Think of it as weight-loss therapy or cleansing for your insides. Regardless, it's an awesome thing to do - think of it as saving a few lives every time you donate.

As well, anyone from the buzz - or your friends & family who you drag along with you - who donates between now and the end of 2006 will recieve from me a free organic cotton KEEN HybridLife T-shirt. I know it's not a ton of incentive, but I hope maybe it will make the difference for some of you to come out of your winter hibernation and go do some more good. That's what HybridLife is all back to your community.

If you do donate, please email me at
If you let me know your name and where you donated - they give you a little slip with this info when you leave - I can verify that you donated and will figure out the best way to get you a shirt.

2 rules:
1. Some of you may not be eligible to donate because of where you have travelled in the last year or so. I don't care. If you go and try to donate, that's good enough for me.
2. I don't want to limit this to folks in Colorado where Bonfils Blood Center operates, but for now I have to for several reasons. If I can expand this, I will, but for now it's got to be a Colorado thing. If you live out of state and go donate - thank you and email me anyhow.

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #2
I second that. And if you have a little extra time, donate via apheresis which is where they seperate your blood using a centrifuge. In about 45 minutes you can get one transfusion of platelets versus 7 donors donating whole blood. This is really important stuff and its actually good for men to "change the oil". Women do this naturally on a monthly basis but it really is very good for men to donate to allow their body to produce new blood.

Cheers and merry christmas.

papawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #3

Yeah, donating platelets and plasma is the way to go for sure. Most people can't find the time in their busy days, but if you can you should try it out. It's not for everyone, but man does it make a HUGE difference.

The best part is you can do it every 2 weeks if you like.......and did I mention the free juice and cookies at the end? That's right, you can take you're paddling bro's down to the donor center, and once their all done "changing the oil" you can convince them that the ice cream they're eating is on you and everything is even from last summer. girl's going to kill me for that last one. Please go easy on the canteen supplies, especially the ice cream.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote