Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-30-2009   #1
Weaverville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1997
Bliss-Stick HQ loads the container headed for the USA!

Experience Bliss-Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #2
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
That cool. Did you guys ever pay Tobin his money or did you and Wakawai just leave him out to dry after you redirected his container and didn't repay him for it???

Just curious whether or not that situation ever got resolved....

David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #3
Boatin', Colorado
I do love Bliss Stick boats but am certainly curious on whether or not Tobin was paid. I hope Bliss Stick isn't going the way of other companies.

So come on Experience Bliss Stick or Wakawai, what's the deal?
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #4
Hood River, Oregon
You know, it's interesting how as soon as this subject is brought up on any online forum, wakawai/bliss-stick goes quiet.

On professorpaddle.com, Wakawai threatened to sue the forum if the moderator did not remove the topic. How do you get off telling the paddling community what they can and can't talk about? Does Wakawai not endorse freedom of speech? Maybe instead of bringing in your lawyers, you should explain the situation.

If you are in the right, please tell us. Otherwise, be a decent enough human being to own up. Bringing in lawyers to silence the paddling community only proves two things 1) you seem guilty and 2) you are not a part of the community.

Tobin is a trusted member of the PNW paddling community. The fact that we have only heard his side of the story tough to take your side and makes you seem suspect.

edit: I will gladly bump this thread until you provide a satisfactory answer.
Old 03-31-2009   #5
lookout mnt., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
hey david, could you clue us in on what went down? went over to proffesorpaddle and could'nt find anything.
MCSkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #6
Hood River, Oregon
This is what we know so far:

A paddler in the NW used to be the bliss-stick rep for the west coast/US. When bliss-stick needed to ship a container to the US, they got him to pay for it. Enroute, the container was redirected to Wakawai and said paddler was never reimbursed. The paddler is now out his cash and a container of boats.

This is the side of the story that we have heard to far. The paddler is a good member of the PNW paddling community.

Bliss-stick has been silent whenever this topic is brought up and Wakawai has done nothing execpt threaten lawsuits against community websites.

I want to hear their side of the story for real so we can know what happened. Their silence and their threatening actions only lead to one conclusion.
Old 03-31-2009   #7
Dreamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hey Smiegel! Maybe you should try contacting people about there private business in a private way. I personally don't know these people but can completely understand why they are not discussing their personal business on a public forum. Use your head kid!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #8
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
History lesson

A long time ago this great paddler invented a vest that had all the goods. A disgreement errupted with the boater(you all know the name) and the developer of product (industry staple then and now) on this forum. They both came back latter and appologized for playing it out here. Maybe using word of mouth coupled with calls could be a better strategy for everyone. Particularly if the paddler wants another job in the industry.

I'm just an outsider looking in.
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #9
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
My feeling is, if a commercial operation chooses to post on the general Boater's Forum, rather than in the Commercial Posts forum (or god forbid taking out an advertisement on the Buzz), then they open themselves up to issues that they may not want to discuss publicly. If David wants to grind his axe, it's his right to do so, and it is in fact topical because it pertains to the industry.

On a personal note- As a Bliss-Stick boat owner, it does matter to me if a manufacturer is behaving ethically. I'm not saying I take David's version as gospel, either.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #10
Hood River, Oregon
I'm not saying 'my' version is gospel either. All I'm saying is that this is all we have heard. We deserve an answer from the inside.