Old 07-31-2007   #21
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Reminds me of a story about Mark B in Boulder, about 3-4 years ago. He had his gear in his storage closet over the winter and broke it out for a early season westwater trip. He didn't realize that the cat had peed inside his helmet until he did his first practice roll- the dried piss reconstituted instantly with the first douche of water, and he rolled up with his eyes and sinuses burning from the overwhelming piss smell. No amount of rinsing could get the smell out, and he was alread a mile or two into an overnight. I don't think the smell left his 'fro until a few days later either.

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #22
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Wow, they sell a gallon size version of Sink the Stink? This is my dream come true. For the record, I prefer it over MiraZyme because a) the name is cooler and b) it makes your gear smell like roses.

Originally Posted by raftus View Post
MiraZyme is what we use at the rafting company to get the stink out of wet suits, booties, and splash jackets - I bet it would work well inside your boat.

MiraZyme™ Gear Deodorizer

NRS also has "Sink the Stink":

Sink The Stink Gear Deodorizer

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #23
conifer, Colorado
All right everyone, stop your griping, whining and complaining because I have the ultimate solution. Do as I do every year as an end of season ritual. Eat some chili the night of your last boating, the next morning brew a nice strong cup of coffee and then lay a dugan in your rig. Immediately put a storage cover over it and I guarantee you no cat or other animal will ever break in to scat or pee.

Next year wash out at confluence park-it can't make the water any worse. As a matter of fact it may well help the water quality there.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #24
conifer, Colorado
no takers?
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #25
Fabreze is a strong deodorizer.

cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote