Old 09-25-2008   #11
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

...i am not trying to be a prick...just am....the pole was not that big of a deal....good piece of gear to left behind(i guess)....maybe a better place would have been a secret stash that you and your crew knew about...fires have never been legal, we just cheated...i was once asked by the ranger not to have them....i replied..."you go run the fucking thing and not have a fire"....."a fire is what brings you back to the planet after suffering the portage"....ranger understood but reminded me that it was 13 years and with so many overnighters i cant remember, no problems....the rangers at the BLACK are as nice and as helpful as can be....they have jobs to do and they're not easy at that much carnage between hikers,fisherman,climbers and they have to go down there.....and check to see if we had fires...then, if so, they'll be waiting for you ..huh x13hairboater....better not enjoy those frosty cold ones that you so much have earned...cause you're gonna get a dui or some related charge.......hey boys, what's that smell?... um, nothin' sir..(burp, fart and hiccup)....hopefully that burp does not contain TOXIC SMOKE.....get my point?.....cb420rangerjr

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #12
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Wow...didn't mean to set anyone off with this thread. I guess i thought the people runnin it a lot were leaving the pots and fishing pole down there for the season. The other stuff was a little over the top, like the sandal, and trash and sponge and what not. Our group didn't leave anything down there but in retrospect we coulda packed out some of the junk at the camp. Unfortunately i can't get down there this weekend but some friends of mine are and i'll let them know about it.

Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #13
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by BastrdSonOfElvis View Post
Mike, are you sure it's the poison ivy you're allergic to and not the sivs?
Nice one, dude.
Id725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #14
Ridgway, Colorado
Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
i know as boaters we should respect everyone, but come on, why is fishing allowed at the white water park? how many miles of streams and creeks do fisherpeople have to go to where boats arent allowed, or simply cant go? we arent we entitled to our one zone free of fishermen?
Your right man, fishermen on the whole are inconsiderate with their fishin litter. But how much does it piss you off when a put in or section of water is restricted to boating. Besides who would enforce a no fishing area.

Next time you see someone fishin down there, give them a little friendly advice to clean up after themselves. Restrictions are lame. All we need is more rules.
rmathis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #15
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
To clarify, I am no fisherman. Ocean fishing when I was a kid but not a river type. I purchased the license the day before we put on and bought a very inexpensive pole and my lure/hook as well. I left it there after much consideration believing that others that are passing thru and have a license may enjoy a break fishing but never thought to themselfs to bring a pole. Dumb of me. I can admit it for sure and im sorry. But please be clear that I left nothing in or even near the river but rather in the cave. We removed some trash but yes, left a $13.99 Wally World special. Sorry paddling brethren'. Lesson learned.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #16
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Sweet video
It takes a big man to cry...It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Jack Handy
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #17
Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
Paddling Since: 2007
That video was SIIIICK!!! Dude, nice skillz!! Both on the water and the video!! Nice Job!!
islandertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #18
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Practice what you preach

When on the river and see trash, pick up at least one piece and pack it out. The river gods are always watching and will reward you.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #19
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
HAHA Milo! You might be right. Maybe I should start saving those frosty cold ones for a time that I really earn it. Double headers must be worthy though? I'll talk to you later, I need to go do my daily jog up the flatirons with my kayak.
xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #20
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

.... you get 3 grand vert out of your flatiron hike?....make sure you get that 3g bubba.....and i'd say you earned those brews friggin sicko....we will talk when i return from hotlanta....i wanna do a bootleggin run...the rangers took all the shit is BOOTLEGGIN' to cross over an 18 footer with spirits..isn't it??....kevtee..look that one up...and your report on chumpy is late......rjrnager420CB

milo is offline   Reply With Quote

black canyon, video