Old 08-11-2010   #1
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

......well folks it's back....a bumper crop for sure.....over the head and full of was like green cobras.....if your MONTROSE YOGA SKILLS were not up to par, you got bit over and dawn dishwasher soap layer was not enough and soon "tapped out"....the green MONTROSE COBRAS bit the face, legs, arms and hands.....i have never itched or been swollen at CAVE CAMP before....if truely allergic i would avoid the place(sorry, what a bummer).....we had a great crew.....n. carolina boys, a boulderite(who swears he is from n. carolina)....a whack job from irwin colorado, myself and a nasty little bastard from the eastern block...... jake smith, daniel, bryan, yonton, brent topper......the fishing was so off the hook, it was "on the hook"....every cast had action...daniel won the fishing derby with a 2.5 lb rainbow....all other fish were healthy browns....we witnessed a grotesque display of SICKMANSHIP when Jake smith fired up all the big ones, NEW GENERATION, and the ugly falls right at the SMOKERS LOUNGE.....intense, scary and unreal....had us all happy and shit....enjoyed the lounge and off we went....a super memorable trip with great boaters(i managed to eek out another run)....i am sure they will post pics cause i don't take any.....BLACK CANYON SEASON is on.....600-650 til the end of sept....then maybe a bump still is fun at these flows....think about a real tyvek suit......the MONTROSE COBRA owns that place!!!.......CAPTAIN BLACK420CB

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #2
Thanks for the report Milo. Wish I coulda made that trip. Sounds like I'll wait until fall when the ivy starts turning yellow and less loaded with juice to get down there. Hope you can get another run in with me then.

PS - did you happen to see whether the ditch of muff were going?

American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Yeah, I'm with meng might have to wait until september to drop in. I like flows at about 700 for the big ones. I'm going to get a couple trips in this fall hopefully you boys can join.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #4
crested butte, Colorado
......yep......, would love to watch you guys fire up that shit.....will try to do some ivy work before then....i will personally tramp the fuck out of for rapid changes, small changes to the drop below SMOKER'S LOUNGE or the 8' PINK BOULDER BOOF.....NEW RAPID collapsed a bit more as real concerns for you "heavies".....1 old growth tree moved due to the 4000cfs they sent thru this spring.....we found it perched 10' up on a rock in the run-out of PILLOW MOVE.....this is directly above will move the next big flow they send thru....loads of new rock chards in the portage due to rains.... one new rock, in the river, the size of a large van in the middle of a cliffless area....must have rolled in from afar....BIGBADASSED BRENT, the rescue ranger had a crew of about 30 people doing rescue practice....i told him we showed up to rescue their asses...he got a good laugh out of for the LIQUOR CABINET....looking well stocked....mexican tequila, canadian whisky, russian vodka....i think we left some n. carolina moonshine!!!......CHUKAR ROAD was in great shape....must have bulldozed it recently.....could have got a fukin corvette down there....we did have to wait 2 hrs before attempting it though.....and the do they wear that shit when it's that hot....don't even try to ask them to haul boats out with their horses and mules....they didn't want the cash money......maybe a gift certificate from western world world have got their to ivy shit is on fire!!!....already bleeding badly from scratching....JOY......shit is spreading like the GULF OIL SPILL....."slim jim and the twins" are holding the frontline but will probably fall to the enemy by nightfall.....i expect to be woken up again @ 4-5am by the "fire"....legs look like a cromagnons' means of transport.....CROMAGNON420CB...
Old 08-12-2010   #5
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
calm down on the coffee son
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #6
Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Originally Posted by milo View Post
"slim jim and the twins" are holding the frontline but will probably fall to the enemy by nightfall....CROMAGNON420CB...

Zanfel is your friend...check it...avail at Wally World and most drug stores. OTC...expensive..."wonder drug"...worth it!
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #7
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Is Milo stable or possibly a robot that produces mad lib style posts? He scars me and yet makes me laugh. Black Canyon sounds so tempting, but it's outside my comfort zone this year... maybe next... maybe I'll go with Milo if he doesn't OD on what ever he's cooking.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #8
Paddling Since: 1975
sounds like that boy got ahold of some good shit don't see how he feels any itching after smoking what ever he's cooking up.
handlebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #9
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98

The Montrose cobras hit me good too. Maybe the best case of PI I've enjoyed since the good ole days of 2001-2002. Awesome trip in a magical place!

Witness Buoyancy News as it Develops:
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #10
crested butte, Colorado

......gonna try unleaded old timer told me that was the accepted remedy....."scrape it with a razor blade then use gas" a good laugh out of it....will actually try bleach....worst ever reaction.....i think my time is up down there................yea RIGHT.....dropping in again next weekend with light boats, dawn dishwasher soap, crack pipe, crack, some junk, my junk and oozing wounds.....for years i've wanted to see that ivy twice in a that waterfall twice in a day....times a commin".....wish there was more water but it is what it is......6 hundo......i crunched the numbers again and came up with the same result....13 hrs, 2 laps.....1st run down to WARNER TRAIL(about 11 miles)....2nd run down to CHUKAR TRAIL(16 miles)......we can go twice as fast as the trip we just scout, portage minimal, jog portages, no lunch/medicinal break, charge and catch no eddies accept the ones that keep you in the game.......if we fail...ya'll can whip ME with ivy branches!!!!............DUMBLO420CB.....

black canyon