Old 04-02-2008   #11
gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
ask the crew old brother Kern was going down there with all the time, some
of those guys were in there circa 3k according to local legend and thats where I am assuming the unrunnable designation is coming from

&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #12
Good to go?

Rick Stock, Ben Stookesberry and Mike Camp went in there around 98 or 99 at around 2800 said that it was scarry but they made it through. 3G+ sounds like it could make things pretty exciting and keep you on your toes. I think that we will see Lotsawater, i mean a lot of water in there this summer should be good.

Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #13
San Jose, CA, California
&d if you make it down to the black any time soon give me a call. I would love to take photos of any one running she shit down there at 3000cfs.
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #14
gunnison, Colorado
youll have better luck recruiting one of these other guys for a photo shoot at that level, not that a picture of me crying with a drypant leg full of urin wouldnt be priceless.. you couldnt pay me enough to get that picture of me
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #15
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
"That's what happens when we leave the river descriptions up to Gordon Banks and his band of old school miscreants" Yeah right Nick, cause the fact Gordon has ran everything you like, twice as high as you've ever thought of putting on at. Settle down and go puke somewhere, you would never consider putting on the black at 3 g's.

As for the old man Milo, I thought you were dead? I would be honored to watch you fire the black and verbally insult your weak ass. Have you learned how to boat since Keggerman and Dastin scared you out of the water?

Larsen, what's up man. Been a long time, hope you're well

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #16
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

........oh yea.....KEGGERMAN.....LOON!.... but the guy showed me what was up in the early for DASTIN.....the guy is double-the-loon-factor......good guy to follow but, rapid beta is NOT his specialty...."run the rapid, and eddy out on the right....."....hey robby, i need more than that!! (lookin' over my shoulder at RIO PUESCO mayhem)....he says, with a serious look, "i guess i didn't explain myself......RUN the rapid and eddy out on the right"....followed up with a shit eatin' grin and....."watch yourself"......fukin' guy......nick, team W....from CARBONDALE....yes indeed....JULIO CAMBELLINI has expressed interest in a double run this season....X13kayaker, "good will hunting's" boat is most likely in the depths of the GREAT FALLS PORTAGE ZONE.... i will try to look into the canyon....A. for ice dams....... B. for for wills' green HEFE'.........gary w.....nice...look forward to it....don't get too tuff on me... i'll lead you into a bad-dead-end trail on the PORTAGE....leap on your dumbass with the FLYING-TIGER-ARMBAR -DEATH-TRIANGLE-HOLD.....WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?.... that's what i thought....1st you'd TAPOUT...then you'd say sorry and probably "tear up"(eye moisture)....i promise not to throw the "flying knee to the face".....i want to be able to hear you say NICE SHIT.....for the rest of the trip....don't worry i wont make you carry my boat....but i will carry most of the tuff guys crumble on the portage....i think i can help you become "NICE" everybody else..............&d, the kerns milked me for info 96-97....flows at the time were around 2800cfs...i told them to hold off till it got under 2k and to look at everything in the portage zone from above and below.....this crew makes a point to run commonly portaged rapids....KEGGERMAN had told me that it was not doable at 3k cfs....i passed that info on to jamie S. and the KERNS..... SO..........last season a posse of super-sickos went in for a tenth year anniversay....and a special project......NICK, KYLE...lets keep an eye on it.... i will contact my peeps in the know and see when the CRYSTAL road will open.....and when big flows might be likely......i'm sure i'll portage my fair share of drops but wanna see and hear the power....a purely exploration over 40 runs, this canyon still provides entertainment.....and a challenge.....we'll see.....(gary w. larsens # is 9705965781)........JUNIORRANGER420CB
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #17
so Gary, are those actual flows, or with the old-school multiplier?

just so you know, you guys are my heroes. (you, gordo, and forrest) I have pictures of you up on my wall. I wanna be like you when I grow up. I don't think I'll pick up foos ball though.
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #18
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Nick, you'll get old school multiplier numbers this year big guy. Be safe and bring a barf bag. It's gonna be swollen in CO this year. Hope the Family is doing well.

Calm down Milo, don't let 10 seconds of courage ruin your life.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #19
gypsy, Colorado
Paddling Since: 02
I'm in I would love to break some myths.. Spent all of last July breaking myths in BC. This year is CO's turn. Run everything bigger then ever.
BAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #20
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Holy shit, Keggerman, LOL! I have not heard that name in 16 years. He probably put my kayaking back by a couple of years by trying to teach me how to kayak by throwing me, the beginner, into upper run on the Tayler. Roll, what's a roll? Brace, what's a brace? Why are we being shot at by an old man?!

What ever happened to that crazy Keggerman?

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote

black canyon