Old 03-28-2014   #21
Sure is an incredible amount of snow in the central and western high elevations of Colorado! In contrast, hardly any on the Front Range just west of Denver and Colorado Springs. Gonna be a good year for the west slope rivers!
Huh? 90% SWE for the Animas/Dolores/San Juan = lowest in state. 135% and 139% for South Platte and North Platte = best in state. It's looking like a pretty good year everywhere in Colorado, and per the numbers, the east slope rivers are doing better than the west. As of today.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014   #22
GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Originally Posted by efranz View Post
It is expected that irrigation diversions will continue to increase over the next week and releases from Crystal Dam will increase accordingly. Also, once maintenance is completed at the Blue Mesa Dam power plant, releases from Crystal Dam may increase beyond the Gunnison Tunnel diversion requirement, resulting in increased flows in the Gunnison River through the Black Canyon. This could occur by the end of this week.

Erik Knight
Bureau of Reclamation
Great info. Any updated, um, updates?

mikesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #23
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
Shit went down in the upper canyon... Below DAYWRECKER.... New trees.... New rocks(very large).... Where the ON RAMP/ S TURN RAPID
used to be is now a very large and steep manky drop... It may go but has a very bad hole half way down.... May holes and pin rocks be cause it hasn't blown out yet... It will take several thousand CFS to imbricate the new rocks... I'm trying to put a crew together to remove the large trees and old logs out before the make way into the NARROWS... A new lake was formed in the guts of the earth...All rapids in the narrows look fine... Beware of new wood if you beat us in there... I want at least 700 before I drop in... I'm not sure about above DAYWRECKER... Be ready for new shit or wood... THE RETURN OF CAPTAIN BLACK420 CB.....
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014   #24
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
700? Milo, I thought you were a black canyon enthusiast. I've done the black canyon way lower than 700.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014   #25
GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Originally Posted by milo View Post
I'm trying to put a crew together to remove the large trees and old logs out
I'll help.

Give me a few days notice, and preferably before the ivy leafs out.

mikesee is offline   Reply With Quote

black canyon