Old 09-29-2009   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Craw, gunnison pleasure park runs shuttles for the gunny gorge. They may be able to figure something out for you for a black shuttle. Google and give em a call.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #12
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
....temps.... my honest opinion, it is always warmer in the walls feel like an oven need to worry about that....i'd be concerned about rain during the portage....makes it 2 notches tougher.....see you monkeys at chukar tonight.....gonna wear tight levis for ya.....milozadik

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #13
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo names....

Xhairboater13, TJ@ cu, ROLF KELLY(funny how his first name sounds like a grown man puking, as i am sure that several were feeling like it!!!!) names please...i would like to edit my "cheat sheet"....i nic-named the big bird, GREAT FALLS of the GUNNY because it reminded me of all the photos i've seen of the GREAT FALLS of the POTOMAC.....somebody else(old boy kayakers) named NEW GENERATION due to the fact that it would take a new generation of kayakers to run it....i still like both names, but edit i will.....hook a nigga.............................. CAPTAIN BLACK 420 CB.......
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #14
Boulder, Colorado
The new generation sounds like the public name but there is a new creative name for that I would probably get kicked off the forum for posting, might have to come down there and tell you the name myself if i can get another trip down there this year.
Great falls, they were talking about the maze but that doesn't sound badass at all, we need to come up with a better name for that one.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #15
I've taken Milo's cheat sheet and worked it into my AW description. Luckily me and Schizzle just took a trip down there and managed to take a lot of pictures, so there is a picture representing most major drops. Check it out here American Whitewater - NWRI - Gunnison 02. Crystal Dam to Chukar Trail

I'm missing some good pics of day wrecker, the portage, pinball/closet, and great falls. Anybody got some?

This is still a work in progress. Milo, you got an idea of the milages to each rapid?
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #16
Boulder, Colorado
I have some pictures that you can put up on the site, I have pics from: Daywrecker, lower intestine, ball crusher, waterfall, some pics at cave camp, next generation (not listed in the rapids) and great falls.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #17
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
The New Generation should be "Generation Y", since that's the first generation to run it. There is another name that is dirtier than the rapid itself, but I don't think it is appropriate. LOL

xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote

black canyon