Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-11-2012   #11
x, x
Paddling Since: x
yo lenny. the main section below the gnar goes at 200. it is not even that bad of boat abuse if you paddle to stay off the rocks. I would take out at idlewild dam though or even upstream of that at drake just after the bridge. about 3-4miles

there is 1 4+ in the middle of the main section run. prob a 4 at 200cfs but worth a scout. big dirt pull out

you can go from the dam to the cherry store too, but it seems more abusive than the main section.

I would gladly paddle any sections you have time for after work on weekdays or weekends.

we are 10' apart at the end of every day and we never seem to boat. also i know all the sections well now so i could show you all the stuff on the way up. the main section to the cherry store is about 6 miles and fun.

get it soon boys, it might not hold till saturday!!

ALSO we have 2 going up for the gnar section on weds at 12pm afternoon. Anybody else looking to get out? we have all day and have run it a few times at 200 and below. I think jeff is going to fire up big daddy no. 2 so it would be great to have a 3rd or 4th.

anybody for weds. at noon ot later? we'll be there all day

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #12
My take would be it's not worth running below the gnar to the mouth at 200. I think the lowest I've done below the Gnar to near VSmith is ~250 which ended up with a cracked boat above the dam. It was fun, but definitely boat abuse. Granted the air temp was near freezing and the ice added to the entertainment factor. 300 and up is nicer as you hit fewer rocks. 400 is even better.

VS to the narrows I really don't like below ~400ish. The Narrows the lowest I've done was at ~200ish, but that was a guess at the time. Boatable, but not that great. Got some dirty looks from fishermen as we came around one corner.

I'd guess 200 would be on part with the first trip down the Little South Lenny.

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing." -- Werner von Braun
jtnc is offline   Reply With Quote

big thompson