I told some of you this morning that the Big Thompson was probably going to continue going up. Well, I just found out from our water folks that plan is likely to change.
Currently, we are running some of our Colorado-Big Thompson project water down the Big Thompson river, out of Olympus Dam. Right now, releases are bouncing between 298 and 307 cfs. That will continue for sure through today and tomorrow morning.
It is possible that tomorrow (August 22), we might start running more project water through the southern part of the C-BT so we can pump water up to Carter Lake. If we do turn on the pump, we'll see flows in the Big T start dropping back down again, but I am not quite sure how much.
I hope to have an update by tomorrow morning so I can post the actual numbers. So, keep an eye on the gage and check here tomorrow before the weekend.
Originally Posted by sbratt
A couple of us will be at the dam store a little before 6.
Let's hope she holds.