Old 11-01-2007   #31
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
What time for the Grill? I can get the grills goin..........

Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #32
B.V., Colorado
Big T, personal firsts.

Carpooling with a friend from Denver tomorrow (Friday) morning, both have never seen the run, gonna do some scouting but would love to hook up with someone for shuttle. What's the best takeout to meet people? I would like to make a day of it and maybe do the extra miles at the end if good flow and decent rapids; to make it worth the drive. I doubt we'll make it to takeout until close to noon. Any recomendations?
see you there? for some Beers...Boofs..after run tales??!!

Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #33
Boulder, Colorado
there will be a group of us coming up from boulder we will be there between 2 and 3 tomorrow. On wednesday I said with 100 more cfs the first drop would totally go down the left, now I guess i have to find out for myself. this is fuckin sweet thanks so much to kara for keeping us updated.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #34
Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
miss the big t

So its the 100th graybird day here in lovely Berlin, the only thing not makeing me jump infront of a car on the autobahn is this post.
It brings back memories of solo runs in a snow storm in november, or lapping it with FC posse on a perfect fall day hopeing the light would hold just a little longer so we could get in another lap. I love that dam river..
So when you are out in the sun boofing the shit out of the Thompson please get in an extra boof for me, or when you are pulling on a cold one after your 10th lap of the day poor a little out for me..I am there in spirit..
Boof on boof on..

p.s I also want to know how many people broke a boat.
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #35
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Evan, Booth, all....

I am totally up for a grill'n and chill'n. I plan to be up there all day on Saturday. Let's figure a place to do it... Hell, just at the big pullout alongside the third biggie would allow for efficient lapage?

Jackson will spring for a bunch of dogs and buns and some beers to boot. I just have to be in Boulder for my wifes bday by 4:30ish.

It would be great to get at least 5 laps in....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #36
who is up for Sunday?

The Rockit needs another chance to hit the agua blanca before winter sets in for real

Give a shout out @ 303 345 3823
cdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #37
Mad Scientist/Creeker
I think the pull-out could work as long as there aren't too many cars. I've got a hibachi grill but a another one or two would make grilling for a posse a bit easier. I can bring a lot of beer... New Belgium ain't afraid to sponsor this kind of a party. Stoked! I think we can all just meet in the zone of the good whitewater and get our laps in on our sections of choice but maybe say around 1-2 pm for the BBQ. Another fun option could be to have the BBQ at the Viestenz Park and paddle all the way down there for the last "lap." The park will certainly sustain a much larger crowd than the pull-out. Just depends on *WHO* is planning to show up. You know who you are. Don't make me call you out again.

P.S. We miss you Forester. I'm a boof one for you fo sure.
Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #38
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
1 for breaking a boat

Yep, pitoned and wrapped on the IV+ drop above Drake. 6inches full crack under my seat. Didn't have to worry about those ledge holes down low, just went through em like a lead weight.

So glad the water is going up after I break it........Going to playboat the lower canyon and narrows on Sunday if anyone is interested in late season non IV-V boating.

Damn good thing its the end of the season.

I'd bitchathane it, but dont have time to rip my padding and seat out to do it with work and whatnot.

Have fun for everyone else.
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #39
Originally Posted by RiverWrangler View Post
There is a section up there for just about everyone...
Could you please expound upon this? Are there any III-IV sections?

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #40
Ok, I see there may be something for me in the first nine miles. Anything but the fence to watch out for? Is it as easily scouted as the Drake section?

Nice vids on EF.

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote