Mountain Buzz banner

Big South Wood Cleanup

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave Frank 
#1 ·
I hiked the Big South Trail last weekend to just below Double Trouble. This section of the run looks good and there seems to me no more additional wood from last year (although you still would want to take above the last few drops).

I was wondering if any local big south boaters would want to help cleanup the lower section so it would be boatable? While it would take some work if we got enough people to help it probably wouln't take to long especially if we get in there before the flows come up significantly. Anyone Game?
How would the weekend of May 15-16th work?

I would venture to say we could get someone to donate some beer for the cause.... power tools and alcohol... what more does anyone need

Leif

#2 ·
I'M IN! I DON'T HAVE A CHAIN SAW BUT I CAN SURE USE ONE. THE BOTTOM SECTION STILL CONTAINS THE SIEVE BUT YOU CAN'T SAFELY GET EVEN DOWN TO IT AS OF NAW. THE LESS WALKING THE BETTER(ESPECIALLY IF WE END UP PORTAGE/BOATING IN FROM THE TOP).
EVAN

#3 ·
I can't make it up there to help with wood removal, but if any one from down here is going up my chainsaw is available to the responsible borrower. i.e. I don't mind a dull chain, but if you drown it, you bought it.

Saw lives in Boulder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.