Big South Flow Update
I spoke with the water supply co today. They turned down long draw yesterday since recent precip was keeping the farmers in good shape. They don't have a lot of water to deliver this year, so they turned long draw down to hold the water and save it for later.
They told me the plan is to turn long draw back up to about 150 cfs friday around noon, and hold releases for the next 10 days or so while they deliver water. Take the 150 with a grain of salt as actual flows could vary.
So it looks like the big south will have a little more water this weekend. If you are going up friday, plan for a noon turn on for the water if you paddle wierd creek, or perhaps a couple hours later if you hike in corral creek to avoid the mank.
Hope everyone has a great weekend up there. I'll be out of the country vacationing with the family, so sadly I will miss the big south bash.
Did they ever open the gate?