Old 06-27-2006   #11
rock island, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 1984
Southapalooza still in effect! 20 people again today?

Nice big crowd again today - faster lines and less scouting makes it so much more fun! Nice to be getting the lines dialed and cruising with less rock contact.

Heading up again tomorrow...

clayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #12
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Anyone interested in going on the 4th? It would be my first time down and prob. will portage the few large drops.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #13
Part deux on a Tuesday! What fun. Great to see Clay and all those that showed up yesterday. Awesome day on the river.

Thanks to the wood yankers (or wood stompers, or whatever you guys did in Prime Time to get that done) over the weekend.

Nice to see people firing up the tripple crown in there (wrangler & lotsa). Double Trouble is a big hydro at this level (I think still right around 2ft).

Come up and get some, while the gettin is good.
JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #14
steamboat, Colorado
Crossfest was so action-packed that most of RCRE was out of commission on Sunday. Besides, I am sure we had more fun with all the strippers at Crossfest than anyone at Big South-apalooza.

And like Danimal already stated:
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #15
I'm glad to see peeps are out there enjoying the fruits of my lousy eddy-cathcing in Prime Time....More specifically, I hit the wat-too-low cavy-overhangy spot just above the wood. The only recourse was to put a coupla big-boned Boulder dudes on the log to catch my sorry ass. However, once perched on said wood the weight of safety and some guy in a yellow Gus crushed that shiznit into submission. Boof right- yeah.
routter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #16
rock island, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 1984
Day 4 as good as it gets?

Day 4 and the groove set in just right. Just enough knowledge to fire up the big ones and not enough to remember all the class 4. Had a great crew out again today - 2, 3, and 4 equals 9 in a group after a boat split at Cool World. Still the smallest group I've been with all week.
Today's highlights:
The stength of the bitchathane patch I won at OB race ...sealed a 10 crack right under the seat of a older Deisel from Cool World down - Warren ran every drop anyway - but 'boink' since we thought it might finish the patch.

Paddling with Zack Hubbard again - the guy's still got the smooth WV style for sure.
Realizing the guy who's nailing all the lines and barely scouting is Matt Wilson.
Cruising to Fantasy Flight with Glen with no eddies but the bridge portage.

Being in a group where at least 5 boats ran every rapid - with no carnage.

best of all:
Finally stepping up the the shit! Dropped Cool World and Double 1st time today, finished it off by portaging the t/o wood and running lower gorge, then portaging the sieve left: knocking off the bottom drops (Nice 'over' line, Matt) then floating to the parking lot. Great way to top off an incredible stay in Big South Campground. The mosquitos have finally won - I'm outta here.
clayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #17
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I thought you hated that run. HA

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote