Old 06-03-2005   #1
big south access open? levels?

anyone have any info? also is joe wright running?

billwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #2
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Hey Bill... Got a call from Darren and heard you were in town for a few days. I was the other guy that did Pinch/Glade that day. Can never tell you enough thanks for that run. What a great time that was.

If you want solid Beta regarding Big South... Get in touch with Frenchy. He owns/operates MountainBuzz and can be found in the memberlist. The Big South is his hometown run and he ALWAYS knows what going on with it.

If I am not mistaken the only way you are going to get into it now is to do some beefy hiking, but again he will have the info you are looking for.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #3
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
As of memorial day the big south was at 2.6ft on the gage with long draw road closed. Joe wright was running however heard reports that the water was turned off this week.

With this new storm it has been snowing heavily up on the pass and generally unpleasant. Hope this helps,
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #4
Steamboat, Colorado
Wow, I don't know about solid beta, but I'm pretty certain that Long Draw road will not be open for a few more weeks. Sometime in early July would be my guess. They like to wait until all the side roads and camp sites have completely melted off before opening the gate. Someone will most definetly post a message here as soon as the gate's unlocked. Check back in a few weeks.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote