Old 07-14-2009   #11
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by seanlee View Post
Bros and Bras,

I know I did not give a signal that I was holding safety
Does Wigston's class also teach you the signal to ask if someone is holdin' safety?

Damn it feels good
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #12
Originally Posted by xkayaker13 View Post
Listen BROsph, if your having trouble with the gapers than just do what me and my BRAstosaurus do. Run a lap in the morning before the crowds get there, and a lap in the afternoon after they're gone. Setting safety? Catching eddies? What is that nonsense about?

Just do what I, BROseidon, King of the BROcean, does and you'll have no problem with other BRAs.
A well-rounded bro like myself has a perfect 10 to tend to in the evenings so the second lap is just out of the question. Although I do my best to rip it up like you young brosters I admit, I stand corrected..... catching eddies is definitely LAMEO!!

seanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #13
Come and open the gate
denver, Colorado
stribtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Wow, sounds like a shit show. I'm headed up there this weekend with some bros (Durango) and are hoping for a less-than wild show at the drops. I just got back from Cali where increasing numbers of paddlers on difficult whitewater is also a concern. I remember watching in amazement at the 30+ paddlers strewn out along South Silver at high water watching everyone else's line trying to get their cajones up to drop in. It's hard to turn a blind eye to others in trouble. Ethics and morals tend to pull me towards rescuing. I would have a hard time looking in the mirror if I could have helped someone but chose not too and an unforunate accident occurred. Yes paddlers need to be aware of their abilities and safety and not expect others to be there for them...however, how can you turn a blind eye to a fellow river runner? All of us were "gapers" at one point early on I'm sure someone rescued you? Hang in there and see you this weekend. Early morn...late evening.
Dwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #15
Originally Posted by funkins View Post
Don't blow by a group in the middle of a tough drop, etc...wait your turn or hike the rapid.
There are no "turns" when it comes to running drops. I'm not waiting for you to adjust your panties at every drop just to be polite, I'm gonna drop that shit while you and the rest of your biotch crew scope out your swim lines. Nut up bitches!
Seriously Dude!
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #16
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via Skype™ to DanielGlauser
What's the difference between a bro and a brah? I'm new in town and just trying to comprehend the local dialect.

It was good seeing and meeting folks on the Big South this weekend. I'm sorry I didn't just route Double Trouble without scouting and give folks the show they were looking for. Luckily my river safety class covered the situation when there is a big horizon line in front of me and a wall of smiling paddlers with a big video camera.

Seriously though, the Colorado smack talk cracks me up. It puts the California and South East communities to shame.

Hey Nourse, if you want to try and break one of my boats this weekend you'll have to scrape down Clear Creek on Wednesday night and come get it. I might be willing to give you an extended loan if you hand paddle the run and style Riggo.

DanielGlauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #17
Indian Hills, Colorado
Originally Posted by DanielGlauser View Post
I might be willing to give you an extended loan if you hand paddle the run and style Riggo.

i saw a bad ass hand paddle rigo a few weeks ago. styled it.
Jace Crane
720 290 0499
crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #18
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
yo jason!

yea, i remember watching a hand paddler run it that day, although the term style it does not exactly come to mind. Either way, it was a hell of a lot better than all the gapers that walked it today and had paddles.

The disco ape is up on the big south for the next few days. You should join him for the rave party.

I'll be out of town for the next few days LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #19
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Who cares about Black rock, I can't believe you would actually mention running that when the Big S is flowing. Where are you? Don't make me come up and playboat the lawson hole.
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #20
Sean you are so awesome.

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote