Old 11-20-2014   #1
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Beth McVay Memorial Stickers

Greetings boaters and friends,

I am in the final process of ordering two varieties of stickers in memory of Beth McVay. The inspiration for the design came from a combination Mountainbuzz members like Dan’s sentiment “without Beth, who will demand that we boof every rock?”, and Chrispy, deepstroke, and Andy H., commenting on “missing her heart shaped cactus.” The stickers will be available free of charge to all who would like to honor Beth. Let us not forget our friend and place them everywhere!

In addition, we have set up a charity in Beth’s name with First Descents and would like to ask for donations from anyone who is willing and able. Beth was a nurse, loved helping people, and was a paddler with a passion. We believe she would be proud to help First Descents bring the same passion and love to others’ lives. See below for information about First Descents and to make a donation on Beth’s Team Page.

“First Descents offers young adult cancer fighters and survivors a free outdoor adventure experience designed to empower them to climb, paddle and surf beyond their diagnosis, defy their cancer, reclaim their lives and connect with others doing the same.”

First Descents Team Page Link: Team First Descents 2014: Beth McVay - FIRST DESCENTS

Before I place the order I need to get some idea of how many to order. I am aiming for a Christmas time delivery, so I’ll start ordering in roughly two weeks. Reply or send me an e-mail with how many of each and your preferred pickup location!! If you’re interested in a bulk order or a change in the size, contact me directly.

Option A is the sticker with the kayaker. The size is 2x2.

Option B is the one without. The size is 1.5x3.

-If anyone is interested or willing to help pay for the bulk cost of the stickers, please contact me directly for PayPal options-

Many of the paddling shops in Colorado are on board to distribute the stickers. Some will have the option of accepting donations, others will not, but it’s preferred to just go to the team page. These shops will be distributing:

Confluence – Denver
Golden River Sports – Golden
CKS – Buena Vista
Alpine Quest – Edwards
4-Corners – Durango

If there are other locations more convenient for the Colorado mountain communities or out of state, contact me directly to arrange for shipping.
Beth was an amazing friend and I will never forget her bright smile and radiating energy to go play in the river. These stickers can serve as a reminder of her and should be put everywhere!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boof It For Beth V1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	9135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boof It For Beth V2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	724.1 KB
ID:	9137  

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014   #2
Thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I'd take at least 5 of the big ones. I can think of a couple of places right off the top to put them.

You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body.

rockinRio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014   #3
Indian Hills, Colorado
Mr. Pork Roll Egg and Cheese, I love the stickers. I'll take 10 of the big square ones too!

Thank you so much for doing this. Beth would be very excited!
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014   #4
Colorado, Colorado
I will take 3 or 4 of whichever
BeaterBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014   #5
Golden Paddling Since: 2005
I'll take 5 of each. Thank you for putting these together.
teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014   #6
Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
This is so rad. I'll take some of these for sure.

Thanks for doing this Josh!

Miss you Beth.....
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014   #7
Thanks for taking the initiative to get this done, Josh. I'll take at least ten from Golden River Sports. Beth will always be in our hearts.
Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014   #8
Newport, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
What a great idea, I'd take 5 of each too
"Paddle silently, boof loudly"
Redpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014   #9
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
PM sent about stickers. I'd love to honor Beth's memory with a few stickers on my raft. I never met her in person, but chatted with her on MB over the years. She was a river sister in spirit. Love the cactus design.....rock on Edna Out.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014   #10
Charleston, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 1998
I'm in Charleston W.V. and I own Cornucopia. Beth worked for us in high school and when she was back here caring for her mom. Her brother John also worked at the store briefly. I would love to distribute some stickers from the store to folks in Charleston and I'd be happy to chip in for the stickers and shipping.

Nancy ward is offline   Reply With Quote