Old 06-05-2007   #1
Beta on Mid-NSV

Just wondering if anyone had beta on the section of NSV from Button rock down to the lower put in. The eddy flower description makes it seem fairly straight forward. Anyone have more detailed, just in terms of difficulty? Other runs it may be similiar to?

Thanks ya'll

Does this condom make me look fat?
De la Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #2
what's up sheets? i have run it a couple of times. it is not that good and there is nothing in co that i could compare it to. i have only run it low and remember walking a sieve rapid. once you get in there it is technical, manky, and you do need to scout. you are better off running lower ssv or lower boulder canyon.

slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #3
Denver, Colorado
It is fun with water. 250 is nice, 170 is possible but real boney. I like it because it gets away from the road into a remote little canyon... kind of rare on the front range for an after work run.

Drop 1:
Scout river right
Enter center and move right quickly to the right channel.
Now you have 2 options
A) Continue right and plop into a big river right eddy, crab crawl your boat down shallow rocks on the right.
B) Drop into the river center pool with 2 sketchy exits. Both have pin potential but have been run.
Set safety.

Drop 2:
Scout river left on top of the big boulder in the water.
Top half-
A) Run river left pourover (~4' tall) and eddy out right to scout the lower half
B) Boof river right side and run a set of small ledges to river right eddy.

Bottom half-
You should scout this on the right, eddy out above the log jam.
A) Run the meat, all right side. Pin potential at bottom of the entrance, wood was recently pulled out to make it runnable, but there is a nasty rock in the bottom.
B) You may need to walk your boat a bit upstream to run this option. Ferry out and run the left line and bust back right to run remainder of the drop.

There was a river wide tree about 3-4 foot diameter maybe a 1/4 mile below the second drop. It sneaks up on you and the eddys are small and few so be careful.

"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote