Old 06-17-2005   #1
Consumer Advocate/Lobbyist
Beta on Clear Creek: Idaho Spring to Kermits

Hi - I'm boating with a cautious second season paddler tomorrow and heard the run from Idaho Springs to Kermits is pretty mellow III - anyone have any beta on this run?

bubblehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #2
A-Town!, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I haven't run that section in a long time, but it is an easy class III section. Lots of wave trains, not too many moves.

ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #3
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
It's easier than upper or lower clear creek. Shorter rapids with more flat water in between. Just did it last weekend at loooow, like 350 or something. The one rapid they mention in CRC near Idaho Springs would be exciting for an entry level-to-class III boater, because it's kind of rocky on bottom right. Everything else are these mini-ledge drop one-move rapids at these lower levels. They'd get sticky at higher (at least twice what we ran it at). Some good play spots, but mostly sleeper. Just probe the herizon lines for him so that he doesn't get surprised by a rock or hole and he ought to be fine.
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #4
Consumer Advocate/Lobbyist
What About Near Glenwood

I was also thinking about doing a run up by Glenwood Springs - I haven't paddled that area at all and will be with same paddler? Any ideas?
bubblehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #5
Roaring Fork Cemetery run might fit your needs in the Glenwood area. I sent you a PM... check your personal messages.
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005   #6
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
Springs run

I would be interested in that section of Clear Creek if you need another boater....Tom 303.248.3274
tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #7
I live in G-town and would be interested in running that section also! I run a very short section behind my restaurant in G-town that is class II with 2 III- short drops at the end! I do this mostly alone as I dont have people to really boat with up here! The stretch above Lawson also short has one rapid I wouldnt recommend a newbie on! I have friday mornings and saturday mornings off thursday evenings too! 720.839.1847
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005   #8
oh yeah & Glenwood area? Grizzly creek down is all II waves and moving fast! (good first big water experience!) then run shoshone big Class III with a few holes and some good play! or try Pumphouse III on the upper C to state bridge or up river from Dotsero exit mostly II (as recomended to me previously check out suggestions on my post Re: newbies)

brettb is offline   Reply With Quote