Old 05-19-2005   #1
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Best play spot I have seen and it is in Utah

You are going to think im crazy but i have found my new favorite play spot. Why am I crazy? Because it is in Riverdale UT.! (Near Ogden) For real. We paddled the new wave/hole on the Weeber yesterday and have to say it is sick. I will load photos next week when I get home but can tell you with out doubt if you go there you will love it. 4 foot foam pile, about 8-10 feet wide, 3+ feet of fast smooth green water on the bottom, and overall a wave you can do anything on. Plus it has huge eddies.We paddled there yesterday before heading up to Missoula and it is epic. Corey said it comes in at 1,500 cfs. You can check it at the gateway gauge on the weeber. Sorry to Utah paddlers to let this secret out but it is too good. Plus, we were the only paddlers there ysterday. If you are anywhere near UT. hit this wave. It is worth about any drive right now.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #2
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Photos are up and under the Rodeo/Freestyle section. It is really as good as it looks. Better actualy. Get to it if you can as who knows what will happen with changing water levels.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #3
how is cali? Jason & Jamie said it is running huge right now. Enjoy those monster waves and holes.
JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #4
student of many trades master of few
Send a message via AIM to Squints Send a message via MSN to Squints Send a message via Yahoo to Squints

get on I-84 and take the riverdale exit..........3 miles south of ogden on the map. head east....towards the mountains go thru 3 light maybe 4 and hang a left at the sinclar staion(there is a sporting goods store on the right , and if you go over a bridge youve gone to far turn around and make your first right) then you will take your first right follow that road until the end, walk 100 yards down stream and there she is.

Big props to nick turner for doing a great job building this wave hope to see many more like it.

Corey Volt
id rather beg for forgiveness than to ask promission
Squints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #5

What up?
Do you have contact info for Nick? I'd like to talk to him about Glenwood.
You're not at the Ottawa?

Brian Hart
BHart is offline   Reply With Quote