Old 03-15-2006   #11
Hands down Santa Rita at 8300. You just need a lookout to spot incoming lumber, the bottom of the hole feels like it is 5' under the river level, then followed by a 12' pile of fluff above your head... sick.

sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #12
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
yep you all are right the salida hole is the best around here, the bv hole is not even close.

the bv hole just isnt as good, but wait it will be followed by another hole, then another hole, then another hole, then 300 yds later i take out at my house.
RDNEK, I was up in BV on Monday for the pre-construction meeting for the park and everyone was asking my input on the new BV tag line to put on the Welcome sign...I came up with this one. See what you think..

"Welcome to Buena Vista...24 miles north of paradise!"

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #13
Hobie... just curious how often and at what levels do you get in Ginger and play? Sounds scary to me, but then you're a badass, so I guess it's relative. Do you even have fun in the other, smaller holes? Seems like a play day in Ginger would ruin the rest?
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #14
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
from reading all of the reply's i have come to a good conclusion. this state kicks ass and just about any where you go and there's a river near by its going to have a descent play hole so just go out and paddle it
you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #15
Yeah Vualtman, unless the levels suck, which is, um, often.
MonsieurExtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #16
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
And so, on the seventh day, he made mountain bikes.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #17
Nice work on that BV slogan. I like it. Very apt...very apt indeed.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #18
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
"Welcome to Buena Vista...24 miles north of paradise!"
Holy Crap, Harvey, that is f%cking hilarious.

Oh yeah...and to answer the question:
Golden is by far the best playboating in the state of CO. BV sucks, the hole is way too challenging, way too violent, and the lines are way too long.

Redneck--How many times did you swim in Chile?? I was kind of worried about you. I mean all you guys do is play poker, ride sleds, and drink High Lifes. Then you hop off the couch (with no roll practice sessions) and run the Futa.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #19
The next zone, .
That shit is funny Harv. You know how we feel up here in BV - we are just happy to be in the same county as a place like Salida.

When you think about it salider rocks! You can creek after work (only if you want to drive through bv), and the numbers and piney are close (if you want to drive through bv). I guess you do have 2 holes and a nice mellow class 1 section of the ark right out your back door. Great if you are learnin to kayak or fishin other wise you gotta drive through bv to get to the goods. Here is how I break it down - I can have 1 to 2 extra high life(s) in the time it takes you salidalians to get up here!

Marco! Rumor has it you will be livin with Wood et al at big T’s house this summer! If so we need to capitalize on this and get a web cam 24/7 to keep track of all the action!

Just kiddin, Marco, Man let me tell ya that the Fu is the shit - flat out the shit. Beautiful place, awesome people, huge waves, and when we were there it was very low and the play was great.

The pistola wave at the start of the bridge to bridge run is still in my dreams. 24” to 30” trout that are super easy to catch. And Nate = the super hook up down there, his hostel is under construction and should be done by the time I go back down there next march. You should come next year if you can. Other than the 12 plus hr flight down there it is one of the best places I have ever expirenced! Also go to Buenos Aries for at least a day, two would be better, crazy city, and right there with Miami, Los Angles, and Manhattan as far as beautiful tall women go
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #20
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Woops...I called a truce last thread and then I start shit again like a bad boy. Oh is more fun to talk shit anyway. By the way... why is Mark still chiming in? Isn't he reading buisness theory in the library at Harvard by now? Nobody is taking any swings at Boston here...

Rdnek that is all true and you guys drive to Salida to get laid so I guess that that makes us even. Another thread hijacked by the Ark Valley wars!

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote