Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-11-2010   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey Tim,

Gimme a call when you're coming this year.Poudre is a great suggestion, multiple roadside 3-4 runs.Brown's and Edwards Mile are way better high,could be crankin' in June.Gore Crk. and Tenmile are easier IV with simple logistics doable as daytrip from Denver or on the way to the west slope.11 Mile is hard to catch,would like to hit it.Clear Creek and Boulder Canyon are tougher IV if you are ready.Below 600 Clear is not too bad.Look forward to boating again.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hey Jay! I'll give you a holler late May and let you know when I'm around. Should be in and out of the area for quite a while this time. I've been boating a decent amount this year, so hopefully I won't get my ass handed to me(much) this year. I agree that 11 mile canyon run seems promising if it's running. Will be in touch.

tmcdevit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #13
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I would steer clear of the Poudre. It's shallow, so the beginner kayaker tends to lose teeth. The locals are assholes and shuttles are really difficult. Mostly Class IV+ rapids too. Plus it's not that scenic, lots of trash and traffic. I'd suggest checking out the South Platte near Denver for some really fun vacation boating!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #14
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Tim, glad to hear youre coming back for another round. I know youve been to this area, but if you make it down this way the Taylor is always calling, finally get some upper action. Lake Fork might be good too, so just give me a holler if you make it this far southwest.

If you do make it to the Ark though, let me know. I can do any run on the ark in a day trip, and with the buds I have in that valley already, any trip to the ark is a blast. Just give me a heads up and maybe we'll get some more boating in!

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

buena vista, kayaking