Old 01-15-2014   #31
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2002
Good technique & a well timed, strong hip snap...

jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #32
Meridian, Idahoer
Paddling Since: 2011
Originally Posted by Dave Frank View Post
If you are wondering, then you probably couldn't.

If its really heavy and top loaded, it might be a two stage process, but shouldn't be too tough.
Ha, figured it was at least difficult, if not highly improbable!

I assumed that it was in fact heavy and top-loaded, right? I mean why stack stuff on top unless the innards are already full?

If minnesotamaximus would be so kind to post a trip report, I'd be stoked. Two layovers sound great, they must've made good time on the water?

BTW, those new-fangled gigantic boats look amazing - hope we get one somewhere close-by to try out. Thanks.

D-Sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #33
Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
Paddling Since: 2012
If the boat is loaded as well inside then the center of gravity is probably still lower in the boat. It would then roll similar to a WW boat full of water and go over fine just a little slower/awkward. Usually people aren't going to load actually heavy items on the deck....
Dman987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #34
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
If you pack it right, it'll practically right itself. With a deck bag, groover, and paddle on top that's hardly top-heavy. You just place your heavy stuff along the centerline and at the bottom and it's pretty easy.

Now I speak of a touring boat and not a crossover. The touring had much more of a keel and centerline than crossover boats.
FastFXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #35
Meridian, Idahoer
Paddling Since: 2011
My poop tube would be sorta heavy after 14 days, but I get the idea.

Has anyone drilled holes in a creeker/downriver kayak deck to mount the bungies? Any advice with that? I just never considered that as an option until these pics were posted. Thanks.

D-Sieve is offline   Reply With Quote