Old 12-04-2011   #11
Rob m embodies what true love for the river is all about. When he ran sunset it was on his Lunch break while framing a house in index. I spent 10 days paddling with him in in Seattle. His energy is contagious and devotion to the to the sport is in the same spirit of our dear friend Damon Miller. Although I'm not big on ethics, I wish we could watch go pro footage of Rob doing what he does everyday in his tattered drysuit, and waterlogged trailer rather than watching Rush taking a piss on the stikine.
Matt w

crowdaroundum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011   #12
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Rob M. is somebody we could all learn from. Talk to that man.

Great guy and great boater.

Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #13
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks Mike.
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #14
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I would put in another vote for some of the Durango paddlers (shitouta a.k.a. Ben, the Klema brothers, etc), as well as Xavier Engle. Xavier is sponsored by Fluid so he wouldn't quite fit this unsponsored criterion, but he still flies pretty low but has some major skills.

Hell, since this is basically turning into a shoutout to all the paddlers that I know that are better than me, let me also suggest:
Will Parham from Idaho
Alex J Wolfgram from Auburn California - the most interesting person that I know. I once filmed a day in the life of Alex Wolfgram to try to make a documentary about him, but it quickly became apparent that the footage was so incredible that we would need to produce a 25 hour movie for just that one day, and I gave up the project.
Dave Ernst from Germany
Jakub Nemec from, well, I guess he lives in colorado right now? Or maybe the Czech republic.

You know what? Those other names are good paddlers and all, but Alex Wolfgram is the man to talk to. PM me and I can give you his phone number.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #15
Caspermike, don't you live in Montana? Craporadon is what Montucky folks call Coloradons, Crowdaroundem is also a Montana expression for Coloradons.

Used in a sentence:
"We showed up at Big Timber and there were a bunch of Craporadons there, but they were cool".

"We showed up at Big Timber and it was a Crowdaroundem fest but they were cool".
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #16
aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1957
I have more hair than Ben..interview me
ducksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #17
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2006
INTERVIEW MIKE PERRY!!! The dude goes off in a kayak and loves paddling more than anyone in the world! He's out on the water regardless of weather and will do anything to boat everyday. Mike is a seriously sick creekboater that can go huge in a playboat, and the best part is, hes about as modest as it gets. If you want a quality interview from a true souldboater hit up mike, the dudes rad

Manleypaddles is offline   Reply With Quote