Old 03-22-2011   #41
B.F.E., Wyoming
I think you should look no further. Snake River Brewery is now producing in cans...

freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #42
Bozeman, Montana
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

The Liquor Store here in Jackson has fantastic sales... I just bought a case of PBR for $11 the other day. However, Pro and Cork 'N Bottle will get it all ready to go and since I'll probably be climbing in Utah for a couple weeks (!!! Danger !!! 3.2 !!!) before the river, maybe I'll just pay the extra $$ and get it through them.

I think this will be my list: 2 cases PBR, 1 case Boddingtons, 1 case Newcastle, + whatever else I find in Jackson. And everything on that list is in cans. That's about 4/day of relatively high alcohol content beer (PBR is 5.5%, people!) + plenty of boxed wine.

As for the scantily clad Swedish girl that someone mentioned... that would be me.

Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #43
Durango/ Gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Well good for you being a lightweight, i know i wish i still was, anywho GREAT call on the PBR in all honesty thats really all one needs in lifeto be happy (regarding Beer). But deffiantly give Tecate and Modelo a try, their always a good bet, as far as a great beer that costs some monies look into Special E.S.B from Ska Brewing in Durango CO, they have a few awesome micro brews that they can (which is a necessity for a river trip) also from Ska that's in a can; Modus Hoperandi, True Bolnde.

Give em a whirl Chica and enjoy your trip!!!!!

Be Fun and Have Safe
Tduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011   #44
flagstaff, az
Paddling Since: 02
Majestic Mobil

If you wait till you get here, stop in Majestic Mobil (it's like the third thing on the right if you come into town on Milton Rd from I-17/I-40). they claim to have 800+ kinds of beer, but hands down the best selection of beer in a can, including most all breweries mentioned here. And PBR, too...

Another good equation for amount to bring is 1 beer per river mile, actually almost works out, I allow 10 beers/day - both approach about the same total.
robks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #45
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
As for the scantily clad Swedish girl that someone mentioned... that would be me.
Plus this.....
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
PBR is my cheap beer of choice, so I think I'll order a couple cases of that, but life is too short to drink cheap beer all the time. I'm a big fan of dark beers: brown ales, black ales, porters, and stouts. Not a fan of IPA's.
= I could be in love but I am already married.........
our beer tastes are very similar though. Not enough to build a relationship on but I hope you have someone who treats you very well.

Bumping up this very important thread as I research canned lager alternatives to Bud. Wiser.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #46
Louisville, Colorado
We have Beemer loving some NM canned beer.... Happy Camper IPA and Java Stout, both from the Santa Fe Brewing company
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #47
Snowmass, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
I picked-up some Leinenkaugel's Summer Shandy (honey lemon weis) in cans last weekend that was enjoyed by all, mostly me since it was in my cooler. So far my favorite canned beer, but I've got a lot more to try.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)
earthNRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #48
North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Seriously? No one has yet to mention Blue Moon in a can? Bring a tiny bottle of Orange juice to add to the top and it's super yummy. It's my river beer of choice.
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #49
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I only use blue moon in cases when you need to induce vomiting.

If I wanted a fruity beer I'd bring wine
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #50
New Castle mini kegs were nice down there. Have fun and run the meat!

Ryanrugger is offline   Reply With Quote