Old 04-28-2005   #1
Ski Patrol
Bear Tomorrow Afternoon?

Anyone down for a noon-eveing paddle on bear tomorrow 4/29?
Give me a shout

Mike Hagadorn
970 547 8124

DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #2
Send a message via AIM to pablito Send a message via MSN to pablito Send a message via Yahoo to pablito
bear creek difficulty

I was just wondering how hards the creek really is. I would really like to give it a go and was wondering if it is doable for a V- boater to do without a guide in a reasonable amount of time. I was also wondering how hard it really is, iv'e heard from 4/4+ to moderately hard V in No fun Falls. Any feedback anyone has would be greatly appreciated, or maybe someone would be willing to guide me and some friends sometime soon?
Thanks for any info

pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #3
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Its not bad....I would rate it IV+ but because of wood and pin rocks it becomes V-. My first time down, i didn't have a guide and we were fine...just eddy out at the top of horizon lines. The 1st big rapid is noticable b/c it looks like the rock walls on either side box you in and a horizon line comes up on you....just paddle hard and run it on the left boofing over the bottom (small) hole, then get ready to make a 90 degree turn to your left and make a couple more easy moves....i tell you this because if you get out of your boat, you will be tresspassing and if you scout the rapid you might also be tresspassing. If you have to scout the rapid when you get there, you could get out river left (you will actually be in the middle of the river) and it may not be tresspassing. The rest of the river can be seen from the road when scouting. Have fun and just paddle hard because there are a lot of rocks that try to pin you up.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #4
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
PS As the water gets bigger, things will get more pushy and the river will be class V (around 500-600 cfs) if it ever gets that high....i've heard of people running it at 1000! That thing must be stompin!
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote