Old 03-23-2007   #31
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Man, ya'll are attacking my reputation as the Mankhunter. 160 is the absolute bare minimum on bear creek and that's still silly low. No wonder no one ever wants to warranty boats, especially from CO. Then again I am fresh in from WA where they boat on water and lots of it.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #32
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
I'm with you there Joe, Mark said he was good to go @ 85, it just makes me cringe!!!

It is however absolutely dumping here, it's rain all the way to just above my house, turns to snow right about at coors falls as of 10:30, so that may be enough to get it to bump up signifigantly.

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #33
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
I'll be there monday at 5:30!!

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #34
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
122 and rising at 5:00 AM

who wants to go today?

jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #35
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I'll be there around noon today. It'll be a little chilly, but Sunday is going to be rockin when all that fresh snow melts, plus it should be in the mid 60's. I've run it at 100 and it is low but fine. Anymore updates on wood placement? Thanks to anyone who has cleaned in there....i will do my best to remove what i can, just hope i am not suprised when running the private property section blined.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #36
Durango, Colorado
alright then- noon at the takeout

it was 129 at 9:00
Old 03-24-2007   #37
Golden, Colorado
I looked at No Fun Falls at 7:30 this AM. The rocks that are 3 ft. back from the lip of the falls were just covered with water. It's been raining for hours. It looked SOOOO fun. If I wasn't hurt I'd be lapping it by myself right now.

The guage says 101 but that is old data (from yesterday afternoon at 3:45 pm). It has been raining all last night and all this morning. Any front range creeker that got drunk last night and slept late had better get their ass out of bed and get on it. I can't believe the parking lot wasn't full of yakker cars this morning. Jesus, this is painful to watch.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #38
castle rock
Send a message via AIM to liam dunn
3-5 inches for evergreen today. tomorrow high of 63. it should run good on monday-tuesday
liam dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #39
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey Josh how was the Bear today? Lots O wood flushin thru? Jason
baguaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #40
Durango, Colorado
Bear was good today. Snowing hard at the put-in but not too cold. Flow was about 140. Enough to be worth it but more would be better. There wasn't too much wood moving around except for one big ass log that floated past us above the second rapid. Overall, the wood situation was okay except for one spot in the last rapid. Its the spot after the ledge and the cliff on the left where you boof the rock pile in the center. The rockpile had all sorts of wood in it. Everyone made it through fine but it was sketchy. We managed to pull out some of the wood but there is still a log jammed across the creek just below the surface on the downstream side of the rockpile that would not come out. At 140 you can clear it with a good boof down the center. More flow would make it easier. Less could be bad.

Note to anyone who is going: There are no eddies above this spot. Once you run the ledge, you are committed. Boof hard down the middle.

Despite the little wood issue, I will probably run it again tomorrow and maybe Monday night if he flows stay up. If not, Union is at a really good level right now. I'll call you and let you know where I'm boating tomorrow Jason.