Old 05-16-2013   #41
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2006
Shakespeare would run Bear Creek at SuperMank levels if he lived on it for 3 years too, Kevin... you should join us...?

Rez072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #42
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Anyone planning to go this evening around 6 or 6:30? Give me a call
720-273-1998. I'm trying to work out if I can make it or not right now.

jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #43
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Supah manka's. I went with Ednaout and it was fun. I think I'd pull out after No Fun if I did it again, but only because I want my boat to last another was all kinda fun in a ghetto kind of way.

A little beta since I haven't seen anyone post anything about the run from this season. Lot's of wood as usual, but nothing you couldn't go over (or under in a few cases). Flows didn't seem high enough that it was a threat, but if they hit 180 or more, might want to be more careful. Lots of rocks are holding cross current logs.

The enchanted bridge rapid (haha) or no scout I guess it's called was totally clean. The next drop where you see a big rock splitting the current on a bend to the left and the line is left of the rock -- it was clean. The stuff leading up to No Fun was all clean enough. No Fun was fun. The fishermen and tourons think you're exciting. The slide 1/2 mile below no fun was clean with a line literally just off the right bank. I was a little further left than Ednaout and I pitoned at the top and the bottom of the slide. Go right of the fan rock for better results, I went over it. Just after this slide maybe 100 yds there's that double ledge where the bottom is a u-shaped hole. The hole just after the first ledge and above the u-hole had a log in it that you couldn't see until you went over the ledge. I just tucked and lifted the end of it at the same time, but it would be nice to get that thing out of there as it wants to flip you above the u-hole. Should be easy as I could move it from my boat. We didn't run the dam, too low. Lot's of wood here and there until Lair of the Bear, but again, with good boat scouting nothing we had to get out of boats for. Lair of the Bear to the takeout was all clean. Basically same as it ever was, just more wood since no one's been in there for a few years. As usual, wood will start moving as the flow comes up, blah, blah, blah, so don't be reckless.
Damn it feels good
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #44
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Anyone think the flows will hold through the weekend? I may just shoot for Saturday morning.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #45
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
With warm temps forecast for the next few days, I think bear will hold at current flows into the weekend. Looks like a cool down is forecast next week which could shut it down.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote