Old 10-23-2012   #21
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
The problem is image can give a bad image of the community as a whole. Go shoot your bottles and rape your sisters somewhere else. Trying to gain support for the environment to save some shit, build some communities, etc is hard when we look like a bunch of wangster impersonators. Grow up showing some self control and respect which isn't a bad thing boys.. Keep it church

Lief your view and denial of the world is sad. You would turn a blind eye to genocide

No mother would be proud of pleasure strokes regardless.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #22
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
To the haters- turn it off and stop asking if their "mommies" have seen it. That's makes your argument fall flat.
Clearly, you missed my point

Chris Morrison
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #23
Heltown, Montana
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
Clearly, you missed my point

And just like that we have tied in sibling incest and genocide. WTF. I guess I was wrong. This BDP has got to go, it is far to powerful for humanity to contain. I thought church was a state of bliss and a feeling of overwhelming exuberance, clearly the church being discussed is the big building on the corner.
Billy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #24
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Church is what you make it. To me it is a place of reverence and insight. Certainly not crassness, flippant attitudes and shallow bro-isms. Every athlete in those films made choices about where to be and how to act particularly when the camera was rolling. Calling foul after the fact when people start to question the sponsorship monies is the funniest part of BDP.
The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #25
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Clearly this won't be changed or decided over the internet... if you like their shit, give em a like on Facebook. If you don't like it then send an email to Liquid Logic and other companies who sponsor those individuals and voice your concerns.
David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #26
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
This thread needs some clarity:

-Only saw the one BDP video where they were all hammered at the beginning. Pretty crass, pretty inappropriate, but whatever. It has its audience. Wouldn't show it to my mom, but I enjoyed it.

-Bomb Flow: I've seen every episode, and I feel like they don't cross any lines. They may joke about being hung over and show clips of partying, but for the most part Fred and Evan make some pretty classy videos that I have never felt uncomfortable showing to co-workers, family, etc.

My only comment would be to add some more safety type stuff, or rescue scenarios. Or if you're going to travel, do some volunteering or some river stewardship. Even if one of something like that per year. Otherwise, keep chargin!
Ben.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #27
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
All we really need to know is:

Is Escalante Running?
What does Alberto think about this thread?

I am cool with the rest as long as no sheep were hurt in the filming of the movies.

ECSE -Eagle County Sheep Enforcement
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #28
Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Power to the Buzzards!!!

Looks like this thread has already made a difference. Anton and Tyler are no longer listed as part of Team Ballsdeep. Earlier today there were there but now they are gone.

Now if I could only delete the picture of Anton chasing a giraffe in his birthday suit that has been imprinted in my brain...

Max's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #29
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
They have a team website hahahahahah
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #30
The Bitterroot, Montana
Bajebis, let the kids do their thing. Pleasure Strokes is what most snowboard videos looked like before Burton became a billion doller enterprise, half pipe hit the olympics, or Shawn White had pubic hair. Yeah, a lot of it is silly and some of it is even demeaning, but who is getting hurt? I saw a lot of girls in those party shots pushing their own boobs together and being just as sophomoric as the guys. What are you trying to say? That women can't think for themselves and need to be protected from the likes of BDP because they are such frail creatures? that's just as sexist as booby zooming. Everyone has the right to an adolescence with a few regrets. I certainly have a few, what you don't? yeah....
What I don't get is when Ammons almost imperceptibly MAYBE insulted Marrs decent of Zed everyone was up in arms, but when BDP calls him a bitch no one is whining about that? Go run some damn rivers, and if you want to talk about cucumber sandwiches and upcoming sales at bed bath & beyond instead of talking about booties, brews, and boobs good for you. Glad your all grown up.

montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote