Old 09-22-2007   #11
Seattle, Washington
Originally Posted by tj@cu View Post
dangerous dave makes another appearance, first he gets to hit rogers with us and then tatlow with you boys, that guys got it made.
Ya he does. He's been up there for several weeks and before that spent a couple months over in Leavenworth.

Yonder_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #12
Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey, the link seems to be broken. ie its not loading.

adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #13
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
yeah, not loading for me also. frontrange i hear there is video of your cave exploration on this.
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #14
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Originally Posted by Force View Post
yeah, not loading for me also. frontrange i hear there is video of your cave exploration on this.
huh .. i didn't realize this was you guys .. wow ..

was wondering what happened to the guy that airballed his boof on the old-growth drop! (totally assuming that's what yr talking about, just cuz i saw what was about to happen on that vid before it cut to another clip) if there's ever a rapid to double-check that you have a boof stroke in your repertoire ahead of time, that rapid would be the one. that cave is #3 of the 3 "worst case scenarios" on tatlow -- nothing good can come of it. shane's boat hung out behind the falls doing the mobius dance for something like 45 min's a couple yrs back. no realistic safety options, etc. i'd say you guys are effin' lucky that you were in there at low water; that boil only gets worse the higher it gets.

as of this year, 2 of the 3 tatlow WCS's have been had near misses (assuming the above is correct). watched a dude pop up *under* that old-growth log on the upstream end at the bottom of the big drop (WCS #2) after he swam off the wall. he was miraculously able to stop himself from getting totally swallowed up, & somehow managed to climb out on top of it .. then chris & i pulled him across the creek just upstream of old-growth falls. it was the scariest thing i've seen.

WCS #3, by the way, is in the same 'hood -- it's missing the cut above the big drop & getting pushed left into the doomsy room -- & hasn't been tested yet as far as i know.

dang ..

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote