Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-11-2011   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Bailey Fest Foamie Cross... Win a JK Villain!

Yo Bailey Festers!

Sat night at the campground we will have the first Bailey Fest Foamie Cross race. The race format will be a boatercross format with 4 foamies going head to head. Racers will be put in brackets of 4. Each racer will be assigned a foamie, and the foamies will be launched simultaneously... may the best foam win! Winner advances the the next heat in brackets until the final winner walks away with a Jackson Villain creekboat. I will have 4 foamies and the course set up. Participants don't need to supply anything except and entrance fee. No previous class V foamie experience necessay. This is the only badass boater cross race in the country that you can run while holding a beer! Races will be quick so we can roll through a large amount of competitors quickly.

The race course is a miniature recirculating whitewater course I built in my garage one night over the course of a 12 pack. Its an 8 ft long sluice box with multiple weirs that make gnarly holes that can stomp the bejeezus out of a foamie. The course is powered by a submersible waterfall pump I got from home depot. My 3.5 yr old twin boys give it two thumbs up for foamie beatdown action!

Jackson Kayak has donated the Villain as part of their Bailey Fest sponsorship (THANK YOU). Foamie race fee is $15 (cash only). This is basically a fancied up raffle with the proceeds going to fund Bailey Fest. One lucky foamie pilot will walk away with a Villain creekboat! I've invested a lot of my own cash into Bailey fest to set up a campground, takeout party, have a sweet outdoor movie and music set up and I need your support to help cover the costs. Bailey Fest is non-profit. If we raise more money through the race etc that the event costs to put on, the excess cash will be donated to American Whitewater.

Looking forward to Bailey Fest, and a big Thank You to Jackson Kayaks for sponsoring the event!

Also, we will be raffling off a Jackson Star at the takeout party at pine valley ranch. Raffle tickets are obtained by signing up for a 1 yr membership to american whitewater for $25. If you are already a member, you get an extra year tacked on to your membership so everyone can (and should) participate if possible. AW will accept cash, check, or cards.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Beautiful Ian.

Hopefully after the race folks will take them on the river for this kind of action:

Thanks again for all the work you've put into Baileyfest!

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #3
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Man... I'm gonna miss it. I even had some trash talk lined up and every thing.
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #4
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I hope to win that Villain with the new Jackson C1 outfitting
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote