Old 04-25-2006   #1
Amsterdam, Netherlands
bailey- 4 falls no-trespass signs???

is it just me or is there new No Trespassing signs posted on the trees on river right when you come up to 4 falls. I also noticed lots of branches blocking portage options. looked like there has been some folks busy on that stretch to make sure people aren't taking out willy nilly, or at all for that matter. i'm asking only so we're in the know and can do whatever we need to in order not to screw this up too.

Is there something going on here that we should all take notice? -trev

"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
Seattle, Washington
Haven't noticed those as of this last weekend. I noticed the branches, but didn't think it was supposed to be a barrier of any kind. We met the owners kids once when they were cleaning stuff out of the eddy. They were chill and said their parents were cool with boaters.

On a side note, some friends met the "dream house" owners the other day and they were very nice also.

Yonder_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
As Yonder said the dream house folks are super cool.

We met them on saturday, they were very friendly and helpful.

I didn't notice any signs above 4-falls. tboner when did you see them?
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #4
I saw them as well but that was on Saturday, April 16th.
PiToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
"I saw a sign..."

Not to over-reference Ace of Base, but I did see a sign about 100 meters up from the first falls on the right where many folks take out-- easier there and less close to the scary stuff. I just went down closer to the drop which with a steeper bank means more erosion, but perhaps a different land owner?

I definietly didn't see the sign there last I paddled it last september.

I thought the folks here were cool, but never met them myself. There were quite a number of folks on Sun, so our welcome may have worn thin
cdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #6
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
I also talked with the land owner on Saturday and he was a cool guy. His primary concern is our safety. He is the one who removed the big log from the first drop in Four Falls. He mentioned that he is ok with us scouting but does not want us hanging out for extended periods of time. He also mentioned that he does not want to see any litter. So it might be a good idea to pick up any garbage that might be there... even if it isn't ours.
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #7
Golden, Colorado
I noticed the brand new sign too. I also noticed a peeled off yellow kayak warning sticker on the ground (the big yellow sticker that is inside your boat that says kayaking is dangerous) and I found a peeled off, crusty old back band pad on the ground. I picked both of them up because they were both obviously kayak litter.

I have seen power bar wrappers, pieces of outfitting, and other kayaker litter at 4 falls many times so I'm sure the landowner has too and I can imagine that it pisses him/her off. Also, pee puddles in the dirt on the trail....or maybe from draining a boat...but it looks like pee puddles, so piss in the river and drain your boat there too. Don't eat lunch there unless you do it while you are walking and you don't drop a crumb. Zip your litter into your PFD pocket.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote