Old 01-18-2012   #1
All over, The USA
Paddling Since: 1920
Astral and river conservation/support

When it comes to buying new gear I've been trying to support U.S based companies and ones that support some kind of river conservation like being an American whitewater partner. Most of the major Whitewater companies that are in the U.S support AW as being partners.

I was looking to get a new PFD and Astral seems to be a really great choice. Everyone in the world seems to be wearing them. What struck me was that over the past several issues of AW journals that I have recieved I don't see that Astral is a partner. Am I wrong on this? Can anyone provide me with some examples of how Astral is giving back to the river community in regards to the type of work that AW does. From my reseach I see that they seem to be a really good group of people but I really want to buy my gear from someone who donates to AW or a similar organization.

asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #2
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
I sure hope so,asshole. I just purchased one....

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #3
Bugtussle, Kentucky
Astral has been a National Paddling Film Festival sponsor for many years, donating between $100-500 worth of goods to our silent auction. The NPFF is a major fundraiser for AW, among others. Astral gives back when and where they can.

Another example...
AW Fundraiser – Window Art Raffle | Astral Currently
bjett is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off