Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2013   #1
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Asshole dog owner clarks fork box takeout

Who ever the disrespectful kayaker with Colorado license plates, that left your dog at the take out for the box for couple days you sir are a special ass and your lucky you didn't roll in to the take out while I was there. I feel for your dog who was left without food and water in the 90 degree heat tied to a fucking bumper of a truck.

Don't ever pull a stunt like that again or I seriously will beat the piss out of you and take your dog!

ridiculous who fucking raised you? If you can't take care of your animal don't have one!

Btw the locals were curious so I wouldn't be surprised if the sheriff was called

Old 07-21-2013   #2
The Old Troll
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Well Mike why didn't you call the cops? You had every right. I hate it when people get away with this kind of cruelty. Some people don't deserve to have pets.

Old 07-21-2013   #3
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Some locals already wrote a bad letter and tied him to my buddies car for shade because they came back to check on him 24 hours later. they found him a day later running around. Eric parker took the dog for a swim and we filled up his water dish. So there are eyes on the dog. I wanted to give the asshole a chance to come clean and fess up and straighten his shit out
Old 07-21-2013   #4
Parker, Colorado
If you saw a dog tied to a bumper for a couple days and did not report it, then you too are cruel to animals.
Do something about it fella. Situation sucks all around.
Hope the dog owner is alive and alright.
Old 07-22-2013   #5
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Mike, thanks to you and the others for watching out for the pup, and taking care of it. I'd have stolen it and taken it to the shelter. What an asshole the owner is!!!
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
Old 07-22-2013   #6
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Call the cops next time. I know it's a pain to wait around. It's just better since they get the ticket. Or, maybe the cops show up and realize that they were reported missing as they were only supposed to be gone for 4 hrs. Unlikely but could happen.
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
Old 07-22-2013   #7
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Not to make light of the dog part of the situation or anything, but is it possible something happened to the owner and he was unable to get back in a timely manner?
Old 07-22-2013   #8
Silverton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Um well I am not sure what to say here. I will take all the name calling and intense posts that I have read on here I guess I deserve it. I am the owner of a black lab that I made a poor decision of leaving at the take out of the box. I left him with plenty of food on sat and the morning of he ate two days worth of food. He drank plenty of water before I left and he had about a gallon. This was sat at 11 am. I was hoping to only leave him for 24 hours or less. He would only need to hang out for 1 hot afternoon under the shade of the truck. I tied him loosely knowing he would get loose. The river was about 100 feet away so once getting loose he wouldn't need to go far to find water and a cooler place to chill. But unfortunately I took longer on the river then expected we all know you can't try and rush through a class five gorge. I ended up being gone for 30 hours. The week prior I inquired about boarding him at a dog kennel in cody but they require proof of a lot of different vaccinations that I couldn't provide. I could pay for all new vaccinations and wait 10days after then they would board him. But I choose not to. Which was probably a poor choose. So am I am sorry to all in the community that I made a bad decision. I am also thankful to Patrick and mellisisa for keeping him company on his lonely night.
Old 07-22-2013   #9
Silverton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Also thank you Eric Parker for taking him for a swim and filling up his water again. And again I am for ever grateful to the kind souls who cleaned up my shit.
Old 07-22-2013   #10
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
You're okay, the dog's okay and you learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

Thanks for reporting in, even if it was after a rather hostile calling-out from CasperMike and others.

If I had a place for one, I'd be more than happy to take your dog for a bit and I'm sure others feel the same way, including people that can dog-sit.

Closed Thread