Old 07-30-2006   #41
The world is black and white. You are either a cool guy on my side, or an asshole on the other side. The cool guys never make mistakes, they are just driven to do bad things by the other side. The assholes are intrinsicly evil and they need to be taught a lesson so they know their place.

If you look at it this way, our complex world is a lot simpler.

basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #42
Let me set the record straight for you guys. I was the Trip leader on this trip. It happened on the upper taylor sectionn of river. It was NOT through Harmels. I was the first boat down a rapid we call corner pocket. This rapid is the 2nd to last rapid before the southbank take-out. there are two lines, a line down the left, and the "corner pocket" rapid on the right. As I came through, the fisherman was sitting, I repeat, SITTING NOT FISHING, on a rock on river right. It was hard to see him as I took the left line. Two boats after me came the other boat. The guide came around the rock and saw the fisherman and said, "sorry didn't see you there" the fisherman responded by saying, "I bet you didn't cocksucker." Then he threw his line into the middle of the boat with three kids and two adults. The woman was hooked about an inch below her eye. Her husband and the guide grabbed the line and broke it before it could rip any more of her flesh. Two boats cam after and saw the man walking briskly up the river right bank. It was not the guides fault or guide error. The woman had to go to the e.r. The man has not been found.
I hope this clears up any confusion. This is first hand knowledge.
Thanks, Josh Stone
P.S. It was not an old fisherman. 30ish. Brown hair, mustache, red patch on his fishing vest. Hard to remember anything else.

StoneCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #43
Stone thanks for the report. As someone that fishes as much as I boat i would like to point out this is an individual(avery poor one)and not an example of the fishing community as a whole.

Hotchkiss I gotta commemd you on sticking to your values. To come out on an internet board Pro Violence against Women is ballsy to say the least. Bet you got a woody when you heard she had to go to the ER. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #44
Lawyer Scum
I am an avid boater and avid fly fisher. I've experienced both sides. I've been working a flat water eddy on the Colorado when boaters have come in and flipped ends in it while I had a fish on. I've had people yell at me when I floated by without putting my paddle in the water. Etiquette on both sides would be great. Judging by recent flames, we have a new genre of boater that is carrying alot of attitude to the river. Rich yuppie fishermen probably do the same. If a person intentionally harmed a kayaker or rafter, they deserve to go to jail. Remember the thirty boaters that do the right thing when they pass the fisherman are overshadowed by the one that doesn't. If you don't and I (Fisherman) politely point it out, then don't provoke a confrontation.

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #45
Originally Posted by Meng
I say we stage a peacefull, legal MASS-FLOAT right past theri bitch asses. We get a special use permit from the USFS to assemble and launch at South Bank, publicize the event and go in. Sherrif's etc will be on hand to arrest any motherfucker fisherman or landowners who so much as think about physically harming a river paddler. This way they get arrested and we just get to paddle.

Nothing against fisherman, landowners, snowmobilers, rednecks or BC Tele-ers but anyone who would intentionally hurt a family on a raft trip dreserves the beat down of a lifetime.

Anyone in????

I'm definately game on this one!!! I'm going to start talking to some folks about this. Maybe I can get my fly fishing (and fellow duckie boater) friend on this trip. Lets do it on FULL MOON and make lots of noise while we float by the place!!! :P Or, would our point be better stated if we all ran it during the day?
Withdrawn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #46
You run it during the day and not making a bunch of noise. That would make US look like assholes.
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #47
Makes sense. Sorry! My bad!!! Like the idea of a peaceful float, though.
By the way, is it law that fishermen (women) have right-of-way on a river?
Old 08-01-2006   #48
Yakgrrl and others interested in a float-
Cool, thanks. Let's try to do it. Oragnizing will be the difficulty. I definitely dont have time to fully organize it but will FULLY show up and participate and help with organization stuff if someone local can get it started and set a date.

During the day and not making alot of noise would be the best and would make the most appropriate and concise point....that we are peacefull and respectfull river users with as much right to be on the river and enjoy it as anyone else and that asshole fisherman are not going to aleinate us from running even relatively crappy sections like the lower T (no offense, anyone).

Can anyone local (Parks?) get this started?

Or we could just communicate here and set a date and just all sho up and give-'er.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #49
So anyways. . .what date is good for everyone here? A Saturday or Sunday let's say perhaps the weekend of Aug. 12-13th? That's a little over a week from this moment in time. Anyone from the Gunny Paddle Club up for this? Is there a meeting coming up between now and then? Post here and also private message me, if possible.
Old 08-02-2006   #50
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
i'm in

steven is offline   Reply With Quote