Old 11-07-2011   #11
up in them thar hills, Colorado
Paddling Since: 07
Better not cross the street, you might die doing that!!

CO.rafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #12
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
"life's a bitch, then you die." I would rather go out I'm my boat or playing hockey than in a car or from cancer.

Peelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #13
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I don't want to die in my boat. Not unless that means I have a heart attack, or stroke, or die by some natural cause when I'm 80-90...hell 100 and still kayaking......that said I don't run the gnar...but I love kayaking. I love it so much I hope I live to be 100 and still able to do it.

I have nothing but respect for Brandt, and Norquist...and anyone else who is pushing the envelope of this sport. It's just not for everyone, and there are lot's of ways to enjoy and appreciate whitewater.
GARNAís mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #14
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
but if it comes sooner than later---it's his death--which his loved ones have no choice but to deal with. choosing to live or to die based on OUR choices, still leaves no choices if death results from that choice---at least to the living loved ones.
wildh2onriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #15
All over, The USA
Paddling Since: 1920
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
hes winning
Like Charlie Sheen.
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #16
Paddling Since: 96
First off, that is sensationalist media coverage, hardly a good clear window into his process. The gurl at the beginning might alert you to that. Several years back Tyler and Rush and some of their boyze spoke of how in other sports the cutting edge included the willingness to risk injury and even death and that in our sport we weren't pushing the bleeding edge as much. They were, and are, determined to explore that edge. He's highly calculating, highly skilled and willing to dance on an edge that few others are. That includes an awareness of the potential consequences. I don't think he is inviting death but he is willing to play in arena where death lurks. Not much different, except for degree, than most all of us paddlers.

I'm with Mike. It's his version of a positive mindset and part of what it takes for him to drop a 180'er.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #17
All over, The USA
Paddling Since: 1920
Originally Posted by CO.rafter View Post
Better not cross the street, you might die doing that!!
Not the point. I am not worried about dying and do not believe that should be a concern over living life to the fullest but doing something that most people think will kill you is what? Dumb? Oh no it's cool. Especially if you throw some retarded hand gesture while doing it.
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #18
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
The more heroin you do eventually you die but hell to each his own.
hey trollholio why don't you tighten that sphincter back up until you can start making sense. most people 'living on the edge' are acutely aware that any wrong move, misdirection, lack of attention or stupidity will kill you.

If more people lived their life like this we would have a lot better life and time appreciating each moments gift. That he somehow realizes this in a way that you may never gets all up in your.....screen name.

Most people take their relative safety for granted at any given moment and are happy to narcotisize their troubles away.

And this one makes you bigger, and this one makes you tall, and this one makes you start shit talking threads on the webz about someone you have never met and don't understand.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #19
Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
Jimmy said it best:
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to
shappattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #20
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Pretty sure this dude is just a "troll"

KSC is online now   Reply With Quote