Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-09-2004   #1
Are there any girls out there who are beginner kayakers?

[color=blue]Hello all! I just started kayaking this summer and am interested in meeting some girls who are into the same sport. I would love to get together and go down some easy runs, etc. I may even get into a couple classes to learn a little more about the basics. If anyone is interested in learning mroe about the sport and want to join me sometime, let me know. I live in Superior and my e-mail is: Jaime.Sisler@colorado.edu.
Hope to hear from ya'll soon!

jsis2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #2
I would love to go out- I am a new F beginner this season. I have taken some courses and got my roll down in the pool which is quite different than the river, and ran a few classII rivers. I would love to go out sometime. I could always use more girlfriends that kayak

afinniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #3
Hi guys,
I am trying to organizing some stuff for the CU kayak club and particularily for female kayakers. Do you think there would be some interest in like a women's night at a pool (work on rolling or flatwater tricks) or even some local trips? It seems like there are more and more women who are picking up the sport and it would be way awesome to meet a bunch of girls to paddle with. I would also totally love to go paddle sometime, I have about a year and a half of experience (class IV- ish) but love to paddle anything. Shoot me an email if you guys are interested in paddling Bronwyn.Hayworth@colorado.edu.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Check out Outdoor Divas. It's an all women's program for outdoor skills. They have an awesome kayak school, the instructors (all female) are ACA certified and they host a play boat session in Golden that's about $5.00.
Outdoor Divas (303) 449-3525
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #5
Jaime- great to hear you are getting into this great sport. If you are interested, the Emerson St. Womens Kayak Club meets every Friday and Saturday at 2am in Denver. I welcome you to swing by if yo have a chance. Feel free to bring any females at CU that would be interested!

We have about 10 girls involved so far and ususally go out on Friday nights, drink too much wine, have a sleep over (pillow fights) and go paddle a new river every week. Feel free to swing by: 220 Emerson.

Hope to see you! -mikela and theadora.
goclothing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004   #6
free paddle club with outdoor DIVAS

I wanted to let all the female boaters know that outdoor DIVAS offers a free* paddling club every Sunday evening, usually at the play park in Golden. Class II river experience is required, though a roll is not. It's a great opprotunity to meet other women to paddle with. An outdoor DIVAS instructor is present for tips and pointers, but it is not an instructional class.

Pre-registration is required through the shop, so please call 303.449.DIVA if you're interested.

*Note: The paddle club is free with your own gear. If you'd like to demo some of our boats or gear, it is $20 for the evening.
outdoorDIVASkayaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #7
Buena Vista area female beginners.........

Anyone coming up to chaffee county & looking to run class II+ (III-), drop me an email (not sure I could rescue anyone besides myself). bvkayaker@msn.com

warmbeer is offline   Reply With Quote