Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-11-2007   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Are there any first timers heading to Gauley?

If so, you will be happy to know that worldkayak.com is offering a guided trip down the Upper and Lower Gauley. Your guides will be professional kayakers with more than enough experience in the sections that you can choose.

Feel free to contact colin@worldkayak.com or just go to the site and take a looksee for yourself. The Gauley has TONS of lines for every rapid. Being with someone that knows them all is a very comforting feeling and also a great way to pick up some new skills.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #2
Avon, Colorado
I'm new

Never been in whitewater before, but am planning a trip to Gauley to run the Upper in my canoe. I should be ok on my own though, as I am an activities expert in over 1,500 activities. Be sure to stop by my RV for some mechanical bull riding on Sat. Sept. 22 and a chance to win the $500 cash purse.

Edward-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #3
In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
What time frame are these guided trips? During the festival I assume? Nonetheless.....I'll be out there the weekend of the 22nd & 23rd if anybody needs a 1 way ride to split gas etc......I won't be coming back to CO until the spring though so don't figure for a round trip.......
kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote