Old 05-22-2006   #1
Golden Paddling Since: 2005
Anyone want to go paddling?

This is my second season and I am looking for people to paddle with. I have a solid roll and consider myself a competent class III boater. I am off at 4 Monday through Friday and have weekends off and am up for just about anything. I live here in Boulder and plan to be on the river as much as possible. I would like to start running some class IV, but because I am still a little green I am hoping that I can find some more experienced boaters that won't mind me tagging along. I've been playing in the Boulder playpark a fair amount and would really like to run it through town but don't want to do it alone so if you are interested let me know. I've never been to Waterton Canyon and want to do that this week as well. Basically I just need people to boat with whether it be with experienced boaters I can learn from or other newbies that want to go exploring.

I am down for just about anything, here is my contact info:

Lucas Spaulding

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #2
if you come up to the poudre, i'll show you down some of the runs on the river. look me up through the buzz if you make it up here.

parttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #3
Golden Paddling Since: 2005
The Poudre makes up about 50% of the river running I have done. I am up there every couple weeks. I just did Upper Rustic on Saturday. Really want to do Lower Rustic, Upper Mish and Poudre Park. I don't know if I am ready for Poudre Park yet, I ran Pineview last year at 3.5' but was upside down for a lot of it. I haven't tried it yet this time.

I am planning on being up there the weekend after Memorial day, I'll shoot you a line when it gets closer.

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
clear creek or boulder creek?

Let me know if you'd like to meet up at boulder creek some time. Once it gets above 300 its a blast to go through town. The park gets pushy and their are some good features all the way to the greenhouse.

If your trying to flirt with more III+/IV- water check out Lower Clear Creek (start under Rigor Mortis), Eagle (under Dowd's Chute thru edwards mile), the Arkansas (Parkdale, Fractions, Browns, maybe the numbers when it gets below 600).

leery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #5
hey, have you checked out the coloradokayakers website. It's specifically for people of your skill level. There is usually at least one group that goes down Foxton or Waterton weekly.
richterHUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #6
castle rock
Send a message via AIM to liam dunn
whats the boulder playpark?

liam dunn is offline   Reply With Quote