Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-26-2011   #1
Shelley, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1974
Anyone want in on Middle Fork July 24th launch?

I have a non-commercial permit for the Middle Fork of the Salmon for July 24th. Sadly, my plans have been plagued by others' cancellations. I would hate to miss this chance on the River of No Return, and I would be happy/grateful to find a trip partner.

Our party is currently 4-6 people (family members), with either 1 or 2 boats 14' w/oars.

We had made arrangements to go with a group of experienced and well-equipped boating friends, but they recently had an emergency and--at short notice--are without the time and money for this trip.

Who we are: I am 49m. I have been down the Middle Fork 3X--but, the most recent was 25 years ago. I am experienced in drift boats, and have youth experience in kayaking, etc. I am confident in my ability to do a journeyman's job of captaining a boat on the river. My children are young adults 20-24. They are green to whitewater, but they are all fit and capable. We might be bringing 2 additional young adult friends, as well.

What I would like: An experienced group of rafters (6-18 people?, that are able to take on this short notice trip. It would be our strong preference that you be able to provide some of the basic equipment: fire pan, toilet cans, repair kits, etc. We would also strongly prefer that you have experience on the Middle Fork, as familiarity with the camps and sights would be a huge boon.

As the permit holder, I would have some responsibility in representing our party, but I would certainly be willing to defer daily "Admiral" duties to an experienced leader.

Naturally, time is important at this point. Please contact my email at darrington5143@msn.com. I would be glad to get back with you right away.
Dingobaby is offline   Reply With Quote