Old 03-28-2008   #1
anyone run the numbers recently?

we're heading over from the front range tomorrow (saturday) and wondering about conditions - snow on the road, snow at the put-in/take-out, snow in the river, all that stuff.

other than cold, how's the run look right now?

thanks ...

westfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #2
BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Just ran it

I just got home from running it, gear's still drying. As far as the official put-in, it looked like you'd need a snowmobile. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looked like from the highway. Your only options would be to use alternate put-in's farther upstream. Be ready to posthole through snow. Took out at #5, dry on that side of the river. I don't know what Railroad bridge is like but I'm sure it's clear of snow. As far as the run, it was the #'s at 500ish. It's what you'd expect. No snow or ice or anything in the run, just on the sides. I had fun. If your going to be paddling on Sunday let me know. I'll go again. eb

EvanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #3
thanks ...

maybe if there's enough snow we can do the ol otter entry right off the highway
westfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #4
Commercial Paleontology

Just ran Granite to the Numbers take out today. Awesome sunny day very fun paddling. Did not have to deal with numbers put in but what i could see of the road from the highway didn't look too bad with 4wd. but wasn't there. From the water the put in was snowy but now big deal. We did portage the dam & did a little post holing but who cares? The gravel road down from #5 is dry I road my bike on it & the take out clear. A couple trees down but very obvious & really nothing to deal with.

MtnGuyXC is offline   Reply With Quote